What now for the EU ?

At the risk of sounding like an echo chamber - If they are not signatories to the Vienna Conventions, then they cant have a diplomat with all the privileges that that confers. I don't mind them having a bod that is called an Ambassador, if that's what the "your organisation" requires but not with all the trappings.

There is the question - what would the bod do? After all an Ambassador is in position to represent the interest of a sovereign state. One of the duties is to be summoned by The Foreign Secretary in a crisis. Under what circumstances would the FCO summon the EU bod as opposed to a member state bod - and how might that reflect on the sovereignty of the side-lined member state?

Can of worms.

it’s a European thing....

1:50 onwards

To be fair, the Bersaglieri band playing at the double is quite a feat: must take a lot of puff to play brass instruments on the run for several hundred metres.
That film was taken at the Festa della Repubblica (2 June) in Rome.
The veterans, too, put on a proud showing.
Do our Jogger veterans do a similar march past on relevant occasions?

No chance, there's loads of fatties in our forces that are on biff chits, most of our vets would be puffing and wheezing after 100 meters.

My paperwork requesting that my twigs be delivered to the Dunstable weekend retreat seems to have been misfiled somewhere.
Dunstable is a twig free zone. In fact, Dunstable is an everything free zone that would be massively improved by being entirely buried under twigs.

Urban improvement is not within the schedule of benefits deriving from Brexit and thus, all requests for twig deliveries to Dunstable are immediately placed into file 19 marked:

C9745AFB-EBAD-4169-8205-13C294BD859F.jpeg

perhaps they should emulate the French saunter?

Most UK vets would probably struggle doing a slow time funeral march.

Africans on the other hand:

My paperwork requesting that my twigs be delivered to the Dunstable weekend retreat seems to have been misfiled somewhere.
We have had the plague and floods just keep quiet about the twigs.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Didn't Macron announce in the last year or two that France would be following the German lead and to abandon nuclear energy ?

That’s doubtful. He’s hardly likely to abandon nuclear power which does about 70% of French energy allowing it to sell some. Possibly vague promises to trim it a bit at some date in the non immediate future. That would be about it, getting rid of the least efficient plants.

To be fair, the Bersaglieri band playing at the double is quite a feat: must take a lot of puff to play brass instruments on the run for several hundred metres.
That film was taken at the Festa della Repubblica (2 June) in Rome.
The veterans, too, put on a proud showing.
1:50 onwards needs a little bit of editing:

Brass section is morphed into a Get Carter Sunday morning kazoo band, colour needs fading to black and white, and CGI can input a Dingo crewed by 2 bored old sweats keeping the macaronis moving to the POW camp.

Narrated of course by some Test match special veterans.

Soul searching as may be, soul wrenching for the poor relatives of the ones who've paid the price of EU solidarity. I see no reason to be jubilant at our "success." For years, since 2016, the Remainers were spouting on about all the disasters/doom/gloom that was going to befall us. I'd like to see a more conciliatory approach from the Leave side. A failure to do so, in my opinion, puts you on the same level as them.
Given the bile and vitriol aimed at the UK and Brexiteers by the EU and by many Remainers I see every reason to be celebratory of our successes. Our successes should be shouted from the rooftops - loudly and clearly and often.

Didn't Macron announce in the last year or two that France would be following the German lead and to abandon nuclear energy ?
France to close 14 nuclear reactors by 2035: Macron
November 27, 2018

President Emmanuel Macron said Tuesday that France would shut down 14 of the country's 58 nuclear reactors currently in operation by 2035, of which between four and six will be closed by 2030.....................................
France relies on nuclear power for nearly 72 percent of its electricity needs, though the government wants to reduce this to 50 percent by 2030 or 2035 by developing more renewable energy sources.

Latest Threads