What now for the EU ?

Raab should inform the EU that as and when it is admitted to the UN as a single sovereign nation - and no longer just a legal personality - with all that implies, then the position will change to follow the Treaty of Vienna protocols.
Until then, wind your neck in.
There's an even better test. On the TV show 'Pointless': If there was a question that asked for the name of a country containing three or more vowels, would "The European Union" be a valid answer?

You can't burn wood in your Kamin any more, unless you have had a particle filter fitted. In our case it would cost about EUR 5,000 to retro-fit, so we are just not going to bother. A replacement Kamin would cost about EUR 5,000 plus labour costs.

So just candlemakers then.
IK forgot that they did that before the glorious CO2 tax. I'm glad I'm off the hook - my Oranier stove complies with the BimschV.

They really do seem to want to have people cold, hungry, poor and angry, an excellent recipe for having "funny" times in the country.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just a quick question, are the Lisbon and Maastricht Treaties any concern of our's now that we aren't part of the EU?
That is a question for the powers that be in Brussels, we know the answer here.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
There are multiple DVSA checkpoints on the routes from the ports. Checks are regular and vigorous

They should be escalated to 100% checks on what are some of the dodgiest trucks on Europe’s roads.
a surprising, well not that surprising, number of IRL registered trucks are owned by organised crime gangs or their fronts.

Do we charge you for using our roads and polluting our air? I really do not know
Since 2014
A little disingenuous eh? The HGV levy is payable* for all vehicles of 12t regardless of where it is registered, including UK registered vehicles. It must have must have slipped your mind.

The only difference is that UK hauliers (generally) pay it up front with their VED payments.

* the HGV levy is currently suspended until 31st July 2021.

A little disingenuous eh? The HGV levy is payable* for all vehicles of 12t regardless of where it is registered, including UK registered vehicles. It must have must have slipped your mind.

The only difference is that UK hauliers (generally) pay it up front with their VED payments.

* the HGV levy is currently suspended until 31st July 2021.

Question was asked do Irish trucks pay to use the UK’s roads.... yes they do .... same as U.K. trucks

Latest Threads