What now for the EU ?

Thank goodness it's not a federal dictatorial superpower with its own army, hey?
Oh dearie dearie me
DxHU9r1UYAAfOKT

But it gets even better, here is a request from a citizen:

Request under the IFG/UIG/VIG

Dear...

please send me the following:

- what parliamentary control is Eurogendfor subject to in Germany?
- in what way is it ensured that Eurogendfor troops in Germany comply with German law?
- to which German command structures are the Eurgendfor troops subordinated when deployed in Germany?

This is an application for access to official information pursuant to section 1 of the Act Governing Access to Federal Information (IFG) as well as section 3 of the Environmental Information Act (UIG), as far as environmental information within the meaning of section 2 para. 3 UIG is concerned, and section 1 of the Act on the Improvement of Health-Related Consumer Information (VIG), as far as information within the meaning of section 1 para. 1 VIG is concerned.

And here is the meaningless and evasive answer:

From
Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Construction and Home Affairs
Subject
200812, Diana, IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
12 August 2020 14:50
Status
Enquiry closed
Ref: GI5-12017/1#1 - , Diana

Dear Ms Osterhage,I acknowledge receipt of your letter 12 August 2020 on European Gendarmerie Force (Eurogendfor).Eurogendfor was founded by France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. Other members are Romania Poland and Lithuania. Eurogendfor has its headquarters in Vicenza, Italy. No troops are stationed in the Federal Republic of Germany.https://eurogendfor.org/Die European Gendarmerie Force can be placed under the command of the European Union, the United Nations, NATO or the OSCE. Germany is not part of the international military force, as the separation of police and military is enshrined in the Basic Law.
Yours sincerely

Of course, this annoying bitch won't give up:
From
Diana
Subject
AW: 200812, , Diana, IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
12 August 2020 15:03
To
Status
E-mail was sent successfully.
Dear<< Salutation >>

Thank you for your reply - I already know this information from Wikipedia.
However, this does not answer my question.
Therefore once again - perhaps formulated in a more comprehensible way:

- Should there be - for whatever reason - a deployment of Eurogendfor troops in Germany - how will it be ensured that they comply with applicable German law?

With kind regards
Diana

A slightly pissed-off answer from the administrative official:
From
Subject
200812, Diana, WG: 200812 Diana IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
13 August 2020 09:18

Dear Ms Osterhage,I acknowledge receipt of your second letter of 12 August 2020 on the subject of Eurogendfor.You write: "Should there - for whatever reason - be a **deployment **of Eurogendfor troops in **Germany **how will it be ensured that they comply with applicable German law?"
In conclusion, I would like to comment on your letter as follows:1.I refer to Article 42 (1) of the European Treaty. It explicitly states:Article 42 The Common Security and Defence Policy is an integral part of the Common Foreign and Security Policy. It shall provide the Union with an operational capability based on civilian and military assets. The Union may draw on these assets for missions **EXTERNAL TO THE UNION ** aimed at peace-keeping, conflict prevention and strengthening international security in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter. It carries out these tasks with the help of capabilities provided by the Member States.https://eur-lex.europa.eu/resource.html?uri=cellar:2bf140bf-a3f8-4ab2-b506-fd71826e6da6.0020.02/DOC_1&format=PDF
2.On the subject of Eurogendfor, there is a response from the Federal Government dated 15 January 2016. I refer to the attached link:http://dipbt.bundestag.de/doc/btd/18/072/1807282.pdf

3.Finally, I refer to the Federal Government's answer of July 2014 to Question No. 19:http://dip21.bundestag.de/dip21/btd/18/022/1802210.pdf
Answer to Question No. 19 Answer by State Secretary Dr Markus Ederer dated 21 July 2014EUROGENDFOR has ruled out deployments **within the EU**. **The question of the legal assessment of such a deployment therefore does not arise.** The Federal Government does not participate in EUROGENDFOR.The deployment of EUROGENDFOR within the framework of missions of the Common Security and Defence Policy is possible in principle on the basis of Article 42(3) of the EU Treaty. Such possible participation requires a case-by-case assessment in each case.

In a nutshell: Of course we would never do that, you evil paranoid woman, but if we did, we would of course check the individual case first before doing it in any case.

Does a paramilitary force suffice?

Ah, Johann. Still very moving. Confession time, I cheated, but liked what I found.

* Chust you be careful now that the index finger of your left hand does not end up between your upper lip and your nostrils. At the same time do not, I repeat do not, throw your right arm in a floppy panzi like fashion, as though waving to the adoring/brainwashed crowds. You would be breaking the law, in your neck of the woods. I, on the other hand have done so with impunity. ;)
Prince Harry Walt :)

Oh dearie dearie me
DxHU9r1UYAAfOKT

But it gets even better, here is a request from a citizen:

Request under the IFG/UIG/VIG

Dear...

please send me the following:

- what parliamentary control is Eurogendfor subject to in Germany?
- in what way is it ensured that Eurogendfor troops in Germany comply with German law?
- to which German command structures are the Eurgendfor troops subordinated when deployed in Germany?

This is an application for access to official information pursuant to section 1 of the Act Governing Access to Federal Information (IFG) as well as section 3 of the Environmental Information Act (UIG), as far as environmental information within the meaning of section 2 para. 3 UIG is concerned, and section 1 of the Act on the Improvement of Health-Related Consumer Information (VIG), as far as information within the meaning of section 1 para. 1 VIG is concerned.

And here is the meaningless and evasive answer:

From
Subject
200812, Diana, IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
12 August 2020 14:50
Status
Enquiry closed

Dear Ms Osterhage,I acknowledge receipt of your letter 12 August 2020 on European Gendarmerie Force (Eurogendfor).Eurogendfor was founded by France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. Other members are Romania Poland and Lithuania. Eurogendfor has its headquarters in Vicenza, Italy. No troops are stationed in the Federal Republic of Germany.https://eurogendfor.org/Die European Gendarmerie Force can be placed under the command of the European Union, the United Nations, NATO or the OSCE. Germany is not part of the international military force, as the separation of police and military is enshrined in the Basic Law.
Yours sincerely

Of course, this annoying bitch won't give up:
From
Diana
Subject
AW: 200812, , Diana, IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
12 August 2020 15:03
To
Status
E-mail was sent successfully.
Dear<< Salutation >>

Thank you for your reply - I already know this information from Wikipedia.
However, this does not answer my question.
Therefore once again - perhaps formulated in a more comprehensible way:

- Should there be - for whatever reason - a deployment of Eurogendfor troops in Germany - how will it be ensured that they comply with applicable German law?

With kind regards
Diana

A slightly pissed-off answer from the administrative official:
From
Subject
200812, Diana, WG: 200812 Diana IFG - EUROGENDFOR [#195014]
Date
13 August 2020 09:18

Dear Ms Osterhage,I acknowledge receipt of your second letter of 12 August 2020 on the subject of Eurogendfor.You write: "Should there - for whatever reason - be a **deployment **of Eurogendfor troops in **Germany **how will it be ensured that they comply with applicable German law?"
In conclusion, I would like to comment on your letter as follows:1.I refer to Article 42 (1) of the European Treaty. It explicitly states:Article 42 The Common Security and Defence Policy is an integral part of the Common Foreign and Security Policy. It shall provide the Union with an operational capability based on civilian and military assets. The Union may draw on these assets for missions **EXTERNAL TO THE UNION ** aimed at peace-keeping, conflict prevention and strengthening international security in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter. It carries out these tasks with the help of capabilities provided by the Member States.https://eur-lex.europa.eu/resource.html?uri=cellar:2bf140bf-a3f8-4ab2-b506-fd71826e6da6.0020.02/DOC_1&format=PDF
2.On the subject of Eurogendfor, there is a response from the Federal Government dated 15 January 2016. I refer to the attached link:http://dipbt.bundestag.de/doc/btd/18/072/1807282.pdf

3.Finally, I refer to the Federal Government's answer of July 2014 to Question No. 19:http://dip21.bundestag.de/dip21/btd/18/022/1802210.pdf
Answer to Question No. 19 Answer by State Secretary Dr Markus Ederer dated 21 July 2014EUROGENDFOR has ruled out deployments **within the EU**. **The question of the legal assessment of such a deployment therefore does not arise.** The Federal Government does not participate in EUROGENDFOR.The deployment of EUROGENDFOR within the framework of missions of the Common Security and Defence Policy is possible in principle on the basis of Article 42(3) of the EU Treaty. Such possible participation requires a case-by-case assessment in each case.

In a nutshell: Of course we would never do that, you evil paranoid woman, but if we did, we would of course check the individual case first before doing it in any case.

Does a paramilitary force suffice?
Those black 'hockey goalkeeper' masks look a hoot to wear.

I can't possibly imagine they'd be a pain in the arse when you're blowing out your hoop and or trying to bring a weapon into the aim.

They wouldn't just be theatrical guff to intimidate the easily cowed, would they?

Those black 'hockey goalkeeper' masks look a hoot to wear.

I can't possibly imagine they'd be a pain in the arse when you're blowing out your hoop and or trying to bring a weapon into the aim.

They wouldn't just be theatrical guff to intimidate the easily cowed, would they?
Yes, a few faceless thugs who mostly don't understand the language of the countries they are deployed in, who enjoy immunity and who can basically do whatever they want.
That's what the Commission needs, of course.

In the spirit of solidarity all the other EU countries should withdraw their embassies to allow the establishment of this one.
Quite right. As I understand it, the role of EU Ambassador, as opposed to Head of Delegation (whatever Brussels wants to call it, their representation in any country is a Delegation), is devolved to the officially accredited HE of the EU MS that holds the Presidency of the Council of the European Union.

The Common Security and Defence Policy is an integral part of the Common Foreign and Security Policy. It shall provide the Union with an operational capability based on civilian and military assets. The Union may draw on these assets for missions **EXTERNAL TO THE UNION ** aimed at peace-keeping, conflict prevention and strengthening international security in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter.

So, if, for example, certain truck drivers continued the provocative and illegal habit of taking sausage or bacon sarnies to the Fourth Reich EU countries, and if the Union perceived such action as threatening international security, we could see EUROGENDFOR jackboots being deployed on the soil of ze perfidious Inselaffen...........

Oyibo

LE
Following up on the EU ambassadors, which I never knew was a thing, here is a list, the wages are starting at 190,000 Euros for an African posting, going upwards.

Its a long list.

I like the example of a family of four travelling first class (natch) getting a healthy little bonus:

Thus the allowance for a family of four (Commission official, wife, two teenagers) returning to Rome from Washington DC (7200 km), appears to come to €6094 – around €1500 per person, payable annually.

philc

LE
I like the example of a family of four travelling first class (natch) getting a healthy little bonus:

If they can get a first class seat for that price they are doing very well, more like 8000 euros, each.

Latest Threads