Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

They certainly had some enthusiasm for their work.
A young lad was upstairs playing on his computer when his grandad came in the room and sat down on the bed.
"What are you doing, young fella?", posed the grandad. "You're 18 years old and wasting your life! When I was 18 I went to Paris, I went to the Moulin Rouge, drank all night, shagged any dancer I wanted, pissed on the barman and left without paying! Now that is how to have a good time!"

A few weeks later, the grandad comes back and finds the lad sat in his room but with a broken arm in plaster, 2 black eyes and missing all his front teeth.
"What happened?", he asked.

"Oh Grandad!", replied the lad, "I did what you did! I went to Paris, went to the Moulin Rouge, drank all night, shagged any totty I fancied, pissed all over the barman but they beat the shit out of me!"

"Oh dear!" replied the grandad. "Who did you go with?"

"Just some friends, why? Who did you go with? asked the lad"

"The SS"

Oyibo

LE
Hurrah for the EU and EMA:

Nothing like speedy action during a crisis eh?

Meanwhile, Stephen Donnelly, the health minister, confirmed yesterday that the government was in talks to receive an early shipment of the Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine.

He said an advanced shipment of the doses would allow vaccinations to start as soon as the EU granted approval. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) is due to meet at the end of the month to consider approving it for member states.

I love the urgency in that last paragraph.
What's that? You need a vaccine right now to stop people dying? Well we can hold a meeting in a few weeks...

I can guarantee that the bulk of these 'disobedience' camps will not be populated by people of the Jewish faith.......there is only one ethnic group that seems to be repeatedly flouting Covid Ordnung......it's dusky and historically Gastarbeiter .

Hard target. Not going to happen.

Johann Durchschnittlich will likely get banged up for having a quiet jar at the stubli with his missus though.

Judging by a flash to bang sense of timescale, they will probably reach an agreement on this around July, just in time for the August holidays.

Solidarity among member states shown at its best.

Judging by a flash to bang sense of timescale, they will probably reach an agreement on this around July, just in time for the August holidays.

Talking of solidarity among member states, it gets better all the time. Two examples, for some years now Danes have been headed south of the border to buy cheap booze in Germany, Corona has not put a stop to that. Denmark is not a Schengen member but the steady flow of danish customers continues unabated and unhindered anyway, however germans who work in Denmark are faced with a problem, at the border they must produce a negative Corona test not older than 24 hrs. Second example, the ski resorts in Germany are all temporarily closed, however the Austrian ones are open, allegedly for austrians only, ha ha. The non existent german tourists face tests and quarantine on their return, should an austrian go north of the border then that's not a problem.
Vive l'Europe, vive l'Europe unie.

Is that before or after their annual strikes :grin:

Dec 2010 was a giggle, QE2 blocked with lorries, wheels spinning and sliding all over etc....I managed to get through it all due to driving a very light front wheel drive car, worst conditions I've had in this country.
I did rather better in Pothole heaven North of Scotch Corner driving a rather heavy Range rover, Got through just fine

Just a question for you, I was born before the EEC, I am half German, If I want German status, does that mean I have foolishly voted for Brexit, when it's quite clear that the status is not dependent on membership of the EU? Perhaps smugglers could be lumped under remainers because they believe in a single market. A criminal one. Fool of a took.

My Mrs' company have just (last Mon) binned DHL who used to move £10-15k per WEEK in postage, not value of goods, for their business, purely because they were being difficult and couldn't/wouldn't meet the required delivery timescale for the EU goods. The new postal company to replace them is cheaper and has been delivering on target all week. They also use DPD/RM/TNT who they had had no issues with, so t's just DHL that seem to be overwhelmed/deliberately difficult at the moment.
Which postal company is that @Northern_Biff ?

We use DHL for some of our shipments and might need to change if they start to cause problems.

Dread

LE

@Higgs_bosun You narrowly missed SPOTY 2020, so it's heartening to see you playing such a strong hand for Mong of the Month.

You appear to be unable to distinguish between European countries and the EU. It's a common mistake for anti-Semitic Holocaust deniers and other retards to make.

Of the three bullshit links you provide:
  1. People who have a home and live in a European country apply for permanent residence in that country. Shock horror! Maybe it's because they are entitled to residence? Try writing this out 800,000 times: "The EU is not Europe."
  2. 'Leave.EU' moved its official residence to Dublin purely to piss off idiots like you. Within a few months any UK company using a .EU domain will lose the right to use it. If they hadn't moved to Dublin then the 'Leave.EU' campaign's website would have become 'Leave.co.uk' which would be stupid... almost as stupid as you. Edited to add: only the tiniest part of Leave.EU is actually moving to Dublin. What do I mean by that? They've registered a company there. No employees. The office is a PO box and serviced by a 3rd party.
  3. While it would have been nice to have the Bombardier made in the UK, sadly the site in Wales required a massive investment and training of the local workforce: it took Mercedes 3 years from starting building their site in Hungary to the first car rolling off the production line, and that was considered exceptionally fast. Mercedes offered a turnkey solution for a fraction of the cost and with an almost immediate start-up. Perhaps you need a lesson in how business works?
Does your broken brain expect/demand that every person who voted for Brexit never have anything to do with any European country again? If so, it just shows how blinkered and stupid you are.

Perhaps you should better spend your time spreading holocaust denial and how the ovens at Belsen provided the best bread in the 3rd Reich? You fücking repellent individual.

Last edited:
Slight thread drift .

The future of the French owned Company is not looking too rosy ... request for UK Government to bail out ,,,

a taster ...

Bosses of firms such as Fortnum & Mason signed the letter asking for access to government loans and business rates relief "at the very least".

... full article ...

Fortnum & Mason?

oh Tarquil dahling, it’s all so utterly beastly! How will one survive without fresh foi gras!

My Bold .... indeed ... I thought my taster ,,, see what I did there ... would promote such responses as yours .

Now, Now. You can't rush these things you know? You can't make a decent expenses claim on just one meeting.

Latest Threads