What now for the EU ?

Joking aside, can you imagine the diplomatic own goal they'll score when they bang up a person of the Jewish faith.

Rightly so too.
I can guarantee that the bulk of these 'disobedience' camps will not be populated by people of the Jewish faith.......there is only one ethnic group that seems to be repeatedly flouting Covid Ordnung......it's dusky and historically Gastarbeiter .

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps it would be more expedient to simply have a 'We Need A New Button' button.

A 'We Need A New Button' button that opens up a form into which the specifics of the newly needed button may be entered.
I want a "Sort out your grammar" button, and a "Higgsy is a Nazicnut" button, both of which will cut down on my need to post.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Buttons! We don need no steenkin Buttons!

Joking aside, can you imagine the diplomatic own goal they'll score when they bang up a person of the Jewish faith.

Rightly so too.
My wife and I talked about this briefly over breakfast, as part of our normal Sunday morning putting the world to rights.

There is no doubt that there are certain demographics that will fail to comply with the law, for any number of reasons. These installations will very quickly fill up with these people and that will be the international story.

"German government incarcerates immigrants in large numbers. From 'Wir schaffen das' to 'Wir sperren euch ein', in 5 years"

This is bound to go down well internationally.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Rightly so too.

They will be used for ********* who arent obeying the law and may have covid.
They should be about to lock up any fuckwit of any faith without worrying about it.

well, the EU has plenty of spare yellow stars now the UK has left.

Which it seems they've already 'repurposed'.

'For decades, they have traipsed around the outer reaches of Schengen, almost reluctantly adorning blue armbands as a failed semblance of homogeneity, of unity. Bearing no official dress, they have worn the standard issue outfits of their national authorities, which have ranged in cut and cloth, in colour and weight.

'This week, the EU’s border agency, Frontex, announced they have developed an EU ‘uniform,’ rendering the above distinctions void and contributing to the formation of a singular and consistent symbolic regime, the likes of which the bloc has never before seen. It is the EU’s first ever uniform.'

Public Safety...maybe?

Never heard any authoritarian regime use that one before.

According to the articles (and my German boss) its for fuckwits who repeatedly break the law. As it concerns covid it make sense to keep them separate from other detention centres.

They are not dragging people out of their houses and locking them up for fun.

Why weren't the other 25 EU state leaders involved in this meeting? Looking more and more like a Fourth reich and a second Vichy government.

Germany only has its economic strength as a weapon these days. The French military don't seem to have as many internal problems as the Bundeswehr.

I suspect that with Merkel due to retire Macron might well find his own position increasing precarious. Personally I see him a French Tony Blair - long on sound bites and grandstanding but short on any real credibility with a lot of the French population.

According to the articles (and my German boss) its for fuckwits who repeatedly break the law. As it concerns covid it make sense to keep them separate from other detention centres.

They are not dragging people out of their houses and locking them up for fun.
Yet!

No actually, my point is not about the reasoning behind it, which is perfectly plausible. My concern is with the political tin-ear that somehow thinks opening detention centres for those that disobey the civil authorities on matters relating to their freedoms under the constitution (As they see it), is going to work out just fine and not turned against the government. We are talking about detention for the disobedient in Germany. That is a PR disaster from the first minute.

When you further consider which demographic is likely to form the majority of the inmates, there will be parallels drawn with the Chinese Uighur in 0.01mS, by those with an interest in such Agitprop.

A phenomenally bad idea.

Latest Threads