Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Why weren't the other 25 EU state leaders involved in this meeting? Looking more and more like a Fourth reich and a second Vichy government.
Have the French started to prune and prepare the trees on the famous French avenues to ensure the maximum of shade/ cover will be available? ;)

It is, and I believe we are hitting around 1 -1.5 million vaccinations a week as well.

Certainly one in the eye for all the remainers who were telling us that we'd not be able to buy enough vaccines, or import them, after we left the EU.

Of course now that those warnings have been shown as unfounded there will surely be something else they can use to predict doom and gloom about.

le Beed is still waxing lyrical about how well the Euros are doing, and how crap the U.K. is.

So it ever was. Bomber Harris in his book Bomber Offensive talks about how the press invariably talks down the British fighting man. They talk of the plucky commonwealth soldier blah blah but the average squaddie never rates a mention. OK it's the nature of British people (from a British background) to be self deprecating but the newspapers take it to the extreme and will almost never mention successes. I really don't understand why.

I couldn't care less if this has been posted before.................
137710274_2703358329994756_8834993700919495685_n.jpg

I just posted this on the Brexit consequences thread, but it is worth a re-post here.

Now that the UK has left the EU, the Germans have wasted no time in getting up to their old tricks again.

This sounds a little tinfoil-hatted, but I assure you it is not. I also couldn't believe it, but now it is in all the MSM and on TV news. Germany is re-establishing detention camps. No, that is not a typo or misunderstanding.

A few weeks ago the government changed the Infektionsschutzgesetz (Infection protection legislation), to give themselves unprecedented far-reaching civil powers. As a result, each of the federal states is establishing detention centres in which to hold Corona rebels.

They can arrest and detain anybody, with or without a positive test result, that refuses to abide by isolation or quarantine measures in place in their community.

At first I didn't believe this and thought it was a conspiracy theory, but now it is in Die Welt, Frankfurter Allgemeine, SWR and on WDR2 radio news. In fact I still can't believe it. Madness......... I cannot imagine this happening in any other western democracy.

will there be showers in the Covid KZ’s?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I just posted this on the Brexit consequences thread, but it is worth a re-post here.

Now that the UK has left the EU, the Germans have wasted no time in getting up to their old tricks again.

This sounds a little tinfoil-hatted, but I assure you it is not. I also couldn't believe it, but now it is in all the MSM and on TV news. Germany is re-establishing detention camps. No, that is not a typo or misunderstanding.

A few weeks ago the government changed the Infektionsschutzgesetz (Infection protection legislation), to give themselves unprecedented far-reaching civil powers. As a result, each of the federal states is establishing detention centres in which to hold Corona rebels.

They can arrest and detain anybody, with or without a positive test result, that refuses to abide by isolation or quarantine measures in place in their community.

At first I didn't believe this and thought it was a conspiracy theory, but now it is in Die Welt, Frankfurter Allgemeine, SWR and on WDR2 radio news. In fact I still can't believe it. Madness......... I cannot imagine this happening in any other western democracy.
They can take action against bellends breaking the law? And have a prison for them designed with covid in mind?
Norway was talking about jailing some **** who has been caught for the third time breaking quarantine/curfew laws back in 2020 (he eventully got a fine) so Germany aren't the only ones.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As you should know 20 years is but a moment ago in the historical perspective of the inhabitants of the Emerald Isle
Pity they don't seem to have a clue about what is happening today. Just as well they had such a progressive T-Shirt leading them during the Brexit negotiations!

I trust the camps will be declared Judenfrei
Surely the only way they could ensure that is to enforce judenvolk to wear some identifying mark?

Yeah, an 'Ouch!' button, a 'FFS!' button and a 'See, I ******* told you!' button.

Admins, that's what we need.
Perhaps it would be more expedient to simply have a 'We Need A New Button' button.

A 'We Need A New Button' button that opens up a form into which the specifics of the newly needed button may be entered.

Latest Threads