Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

I thought that you were on dogging marshal duties this evening; it's cold out there, so a nice warm bowl of Oxtail for the assorted doggers might well be in order (Minestrone for the vegetarians). Anyway, don't let us keep you. Toodle pip!
fook the vegetarians

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Let me tell you a story
Back when BSE was prevelant I used to go to Dunlavin co carlow tto collect a tanker of green tallow ( foul stuff)
But talking and smoking with one of the workers I asked what a particular machine was doing?
He said it was a centrifuge for getting all the moisture out of bones so they could be heated and crushed for bone meal. For the gardens I asked? No its cattle feed he said. But I said cows are not carnivore his reply " ******* good enough for them" the republic kept denying any cases of BSE at the time.
******* devious cnuts.who twist all the figures.and it'll be the same with covid figures.but I dare say irlsgt will spin it differently.
At the moment, there seems to be a trend for blaming UK residents for the variant and rise in Ireland. If true, they can't say that we don't give them anything!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
At the moment, there seems to be a trend for blaming UK residents for the variant and rise in Ireland. If true, they can't say that we don't give them anything!
UK residents or Irish citizens who, having deserted their country for jobs, healthcare, pensions, benefits etc, returned back to S Ireland for Christmas, thus spreading the disease? Still, blame the UK as per usual.

It’s true, tens of thousands of people arrived in RoI from the U.K. over Christmas. In my town about 1 in every 10/15 cars over Christmas had an NI reg.

300 border crossings versus what 10-15 ports & airports carrying passengers onto the island? Much more efficient approach is a co-ordinated all island approach. Hopefully as restrictions are eased any outbreaks can be contained with local lockdowns after that. The current Garda approach is snap short term checkpoints around the country (no more long tailbacks on the major routes with larger scale checkpoints as well as the snap ones).

also sealing the border in 2001 required thousands of Gardai and troops, that are required around the rest of the country (there was still an outbreak on 1 farm in RoI due to smuggling across the border)

the good news is Irish restrictions have stabilised the increase. In the last 2 weeks, there was 4 days where there was over 6,000 new cases and 1 day where there was over 8,000. The last 4 days have had under 4,000 each day.
Definitely the UKs fault then

You have never had one obviously....never mind. This was the summary...

A summary of what you missed recently
Latest threads​
630​
Latest posts​
35K​
Alerts​
101​
Reaction score​
2​
Members​
223​
1610820004477.jpeg

Let me tell you a story
Back when BSE was prevelant I used to go to Dunlavin co carlow tto collect a tanker of green tallow ( foul stuff)
But talking and smoking with one of the workers I asked what a particular machine was doing?
He said it was a centrifuge for getting all the moisture out of bones so they could be heated and crushed for bone meal. For the gardens I asked? No its cattle feed he said. But I said cows are not carnivore his reply " ******* good enough for them" the republic kept denying any cases of BSE at the time.
******* devious cnuts.who twist all the figures.and it'll be the same with covid figures.but I dare say irlsgt will spin it differently.
Dunlavin is in Wicklow

when?

It’s true, tens of thousands of people arrived in RoI from the U.K. over Christmas. In my town about 1 in every 10/15 cars over Christmas had an NI reg.

300 border crossings versus what 10-15 ports & airports carrying passengers onto the island? Much more efficient approach is a co-ordinated all island approach. Hopefully as restrictions are eased any outbreaks can be contained with local lockdowns after that. The current Garda approach is snap short term checkpoints around the country (no more long tailbacks on the major routes with larger scale checkpoints as well as the snap ones).

also sealing the border in 2001 required thousands of Gardai and troops, that are required around the rest of the country (there was still an outbreak on 1 farm in RoI due to smuggling across the border)

the good news is Irish restrictions have stabilised the increase. In the last 2 weeks, there was 4 days where there was over 6,000 new cases and 1 day where there was over 8,000. The last 4 days have had under 4,000 each day.
Just before Christmas I would say one in four cars at NI boarder major supermarkets were from the Republic. Booze is so much cheaper as are many food stuffs. Also postage is cheaper and better in the north

Just before Christmas I would say one in four cars at NI boarder major supermarkets were from the Republic. Booze is so much cheaper as are many food stuffs. Also postage is cheaper and better in the north
Very true in border areas the nearest supermarket could be in NI

I live over a 2 hour drive from the border