Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Fcuk em, the big fat wailing fcukers. Crab sticks are gorgeous.

Pete Cook and Dudley Moore...

During the war, did we notice a lot of whales rallying around saying, "Save England?" I didn't notice any down my part of the world. I didn't see whales coming up with the Union Jack saying, "We'll fight the bosch."

Whales are ******* stupid. Can you mention one whale in the history of mankind that's had a record in the top ten? Can you? Can you mention one whale that's written the equivalent of, er, Othello, Shakespeare, Health and efficiency?

Incidentally a German friend (of 20 years standing) appears to have stopped speaking to me after I sent this in response to an email from him in which he said it was in nobody's interests for the UK to leave the EU:
Honest question:
Do you think he has stopped talking because:
a) Offence has been taken in some way
b) He has had a Road to Damascus moment
c) Other?

...or if you live in Brixton or Croydon...

37cb88a89086b75b65d22fed312098d1.jpg

crow_bag

War Hero
Yes it sounds incredible... They added how many new posts, topics and notifications had been building up. Nice to know that the site needs some rational and reasonable people to balance the weight of thick deadwood glued to keyboards by mindless bile.

Anyway on topic... Apparently a number of brexit groups and individuals are abandoning UK, heading for the EU, leaving behind the devastation that they caused. The poorer people that were misguided by their lies are left to suffer, probably unaware that they were shafted and still loyal to the dogma of poison. But as the lid is lifting from this can of worms heads will roll.

Look out for a new political party, willing to reform this broken form of democracy that rewards dishonesty. Re-joining our EU friends if they will allow us, sooner the better.
I wonder whether you would care to share the source of your claims that "...a number of brexit groups and individuals are abandoning UK"

As I suspect you've made that up, as the BBC et al. would be all over that.

Honest question:
Do you think he has stopped talking because:
a) Offence has been taken in some way
b) He has had a Road to Damascus moment
c) Other?

I really don't know. I suspect a combination of factors including believing in the EU's fluffy cuddly "we're all friends really" attitude and ignoring or not understanding the political implications of increasing political control.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder whether you would care to share the source of your claims that "...a number of brexit groups and individuals are abandoning UK"

As I suspect you've made that up, as the BBC et al. would be all over that.
I think you will note that a lot of what Gracs posts is made up, esp when he can't find a link or Twitter to post.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And in an alternative universe:

"Those debating how Ireland exceeded its worst-case scenario are ignoring an elephant in the room, according to Irish author and broadcaster Dearbhail McDonald.

She said: "There's another factor that we have to consider and that is the constitutional question across the island of Ireland and Brexit."
I'm a member of a Lanzarote FB page, just before Christmas the Irish going to the island were slagging the UK off for having massive Covid figures and mocking that it's a good job that they we weren't allowed on the island due to being disease ridden and how lucky they were. Since Christmas, Lanzarote's figures have gone through the roof to the point of lanzrote declaring a Tier 3 alert with the figures going from under 30 per 100,000 to 537 per 100,000 over the period from just before Christmas to 14/01/21, curfew from 22.00-06.00, only residents and essential travel to the island with a negative PCR test only, no indoor service at cafes, bars and restaurants etc. It seems as if the Irish have done what they were accusing the UK of doing.

And in an alternative universe:

"Those debating how Ireland exceeded its worst-case scenario are ignoring an elephant in the room, according to Irish author and broadcaster Dearbhail McDonald.

She said: "There's another factor that we have to consider and that is the constitutional question across the island of Ireland and Brexit."
I read that article earlier. As soon as I read the headline, I thought there's bound to be some blame in there somewhere associated to the UK.

As I read through I was quite surprised there wasn't. How refreshing, i thought.

But then I read the very last paragraph and there it was.

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
Yes it sounds incredible... They added how many new posts, topics and notifications had been building up. Nice to know that the site needs some rational and reasonable people to balance the weight of thick deadwood glued to keyboards by mindless bile.

Anyway on topic... Apparently a number of brexit groups and individuals are abandoning UK, heading for the EU, leaving behind the devastation that they caused. The poorer people that were misguided by their lies are left to suffer, probably unaware that they were shafted and still loyal to the dogma of poison. But as the lid is lifting from this can of worms heads will roll.

Look out for a new political party, willing to reform this broken form of democracy that rewards dishonesty. Re-joining our EU friends if they will allow us, sooner the better.
Christ, you don't 'arf spout some tosh.

As I said - stop lying.

I read that article earlier. As soon as I read the headline, I thought there's bound to be some blame in there somewhere associated to the UK.

As I read through I was quite surprised there wasn't. How refreshing, i thought.

But then I read the very last paragraph and there it was.

A real shame they sullied an informative piece with the opinion of an author.

As far as restricted movement between the two jurisdictions goes, the reaction from the government in Dublin to the 2000 foot and mouth scare could have been replicated.

@irlsgt thoughts ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A real shame they sullied an informative piece with the opinion of an author.

As far as restricted movement between the two jurisdictions goes, the reaction from the government in Dublin to the 2000 foot and mouth scare could have been replicated.

@irlsgt thoughts ?
Or the author, looking to their future career, inserts the current agenda being pushed by their employer?

Latest Threads