Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Yes, but the UK is doing much better at this vaccination lark than the EU.

There are also a fair few EU countries who signed up to the joint vaccine scheme who are left with with no backups to tide them over u til the delay in delivery is overcome.

I saw on the news the other morning that the UK had 21 million doses of vaccine in country at various stages of approval etc (I can't find a link so this has to be taken with a pinch of salt).
We're doing better, we need to.

A pity the pair cannot be taken out and hanged in public.

Then the pair be left swinging on the gibbets for three months as a warning to the next lot of chavscum who fancy themselves.
You've not been out in Kent much I take it? Get down to Rochester for the Sweeps and Chavesham for the Hop Festival.

You can watch them turing feral come 18:00 - like a feckin werewolf tansformation.

Last edited:
Werewool? There Werewolf. There Castle. There spelling mistake.

Is it too soon to show Canadians pissing themselves laughing at what we call snow? :)
Or, closer to home, what I’ve been calling snow for the past 10 days, particularly today when the overnight fall was wet snow which meant the snowblower kept clogging up, so it was out with the old shovel: 3 bloody hard hours instead of the usual 1.5h.

I love a good snow, it's not like we get it very often in the Costa del Kent. And it won't stop us from going anywhere will it? Hopefully there'll be enough to build a snowman in the garden....
Dec 2010 was a giggle, QE2 blocked with lorries, wheels spinning and sliding all over etc....I managed to get through it all due to driving a very light front wheel drive car, worst conditions I've had in this country.

No, we are doing much better.

We are vaccinating more people in a week than all 27 members of the EU combined
Fine, we still need to though.

Werewool? There Werewolf. There Castle. There spelling mistake.
1610753600733.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

crow_bag

War Hero
Fine, we still need to though.
I never said we didn't.

The EU need to as well, but they aren't, seemingly because the EUs vaccination scheme has failed to provide adequate amounts of vaccine for the member states, which is why Germany made additional orders outside of the joint scheme.

The only reason that the delay with Pfizer vaccine will become political is because people in the EU countries will be looking at the rest of the world as we continue to vaccinate people while their vaccination schemes start to slow down or grind to a halt as they don't have enough vaccines to continue without regular deliveries.

"Six nations called the situation "unacceptable" and warned it "decreases the credibility of the vaccination process".

I'm sure @irlsgt will be along soon to tell us why this is a good thing.

RoI : 77,000 vaccinated
Northern Ireland : 115,000 vaccinated.

Every adult in NI will have been fully vaccinated while RoI is still vaccinating its most viulnerable. Unless something magical happens, ROI will still be vaccinating its population in a years time.

but at least they will be showing true EU solidarity.

I never said we didn't.

The EU need to as well, but they aren't, seemingly because the EUs vaccination scheme has failed to provide adequate amounts of vaccine for the member states, which is why Germany made additional orders outside of the joint scheme.

The only reason that the delay with Pfizer vaccine will become political is because people in the EU countries will be looking at the rest of the world as we continue to vaccinate people while their vaccination schemes start to slow down or grind to a halt as they don't have enough vaccines to continue without regular deliveries
I'm posting with the same frame of mind as when I asked if herd immunity was a thing without a vaccination back in March(ish), posters various were quite happy to put me right. Without bothering to think about what I asked.

I'd be very wary of proclainming any great wins or losses just yet. There's a very long way to go.

And in an alternative universe:

"Those debating how Ireland exceeded its worst-case scenario are ignoring an elephant in the room, according to Irish author and broadcaster Dearbhail McDonald.

She said: "There's another factor that we have to consider and that is the constitutional question across the island of Ireland and Brexit."

crow_bag

War Hero
I'm posting with the same frame of mind as when I asked if herd immunity was a thing without a vaccination back in March(ish), posters various were quite happy to put me right. Without bothering to think about what I asked.

I'd be very wary of proclainming any great wins or losses just yet. There's a very long way to go.
I haven't proclaimed anything, merely pointed out facts as they currently stand and provided a possible reason as to why the delay in delivery from Pfizer could cause political problems.

Stop lying.
Yes it sounds incredible... They added how many new posts, topics and notifications had been building up. Nice to know that the site needs some rational and reasonable people to balance the weight of thick deadwood glued to keyboards by mindless bile.

Anyway on topic... Apparently a number of brexit groups and individuals are abandoning UK, heading for the EU, leaving behind the devastation that they caused. The poorer people that were misguided by their lies are left to suffer, probably unaware that they were shafted and still loyal to the dogma of poison. But as the lid is lifting from this can of worms heads will roll.

Look out for a new political party, willing to reform this broken form of democracy that rewards dishonesty. Re-joining our EU friends if they will allow us, sooner the better.

Lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth on Deutsche tv tonight. The natives are restless.

About time too - reality is starting to sink in. Brexit may well turn out to be the modern equivalent of the barbarians at the gates by exposing the weaknesses and flaws within the EU.

Incidentally a German friend (of 20 years standing) appears to have stopped speaking to me after I sent this in response to an email from him in which he said it was in nobody's interests for the UK to leave the EU:

Now that the UK has left the EU we can ensure that our money is spent to benefit the UK and that we are no longer a cash cow for the EU to prop up failing economies like Greece and Italy and to subsidise French farmers.

We won't have to suck it up when the EU gives a huge amount of subsidies to companies like Ford to move their factories to places like Turkey or eastern Europe and to close their plants in the UK.

We do not have to listen to the likes of incompetent Eurocrats like von der Leyen, who presided over the decline of the German military into ineffective impotence (no money, not enough equipment, major equipments not working, aircraft unable to fly etc) while spending money on creches for the barracks .

We can control our own territorial waters and prevent the French and Spanish fishing fleets from over fishing them without any regard for sustainability.

We no longer have to put up with the likes of arrogant politicians such as Merkel and Macron telling us how to run our own country and trying to impose third world immigration on us when we are already a small overcrowded island. Another million muslim "refugees"? No thanks.

I think the EU is going to have some real problems in the coming years and the attitude of a lot of people I know is that we would rather be watching from the outside rather than struggling to escape from the inside. A lot of it comes down to the way the EU has treated the UK over the years and how it has tried to "punish" the UK for daring to leave.

Incidentally a German friend (of 20 years standing) appears to have stopped speaking to me after I sent this in response to an email from him in which he said it was in nobody's interests for the UK to leave the EU:
I doubt he has stopped talking to you... he’s probably still reading your email.

Latest Threads