Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Dutch Government to resign today.

Not really a biggy as they will go into caretaker mode until scheduled elections in March.

What is a biggy

Many of the families were targeted based on their ethnic origin or dual nationality, the tax office said last year.

Orlando Kadir, an attorney representing around 600 families, told Dutch radio that people had been targeted “as a result of ethnic profiling by bureaucrats who picked out their foreign-looking names.”

Remember folks - Its the UK that is racist & xenophobic ;) ;)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

HCL

LE
Fark.

Okay. From my (relatively well-off & heavily taxed) perspective, I have little regard for the niceties of scraping ill-gotten gains back from those who have been caught defrauding the system. Maybe a large dose of poverty and an unfair demand from DWP might alter that, although having had the Taxman crawl up my arse in the past and having to pay for the privilege, I doubt it.

I feel the need to clarify what's going on. The Debt Management teams have gone ballistic and they're recovering money that was never claimed nor paid to thousands and thousands of people. They're effectively demanding money from innocent people, using legal menaces; they're breaking the legal regulations and using any loophole they can find to collect money. The people on the receivng end have no response because they cannot get legal representation.
It's a scandal in the making but no one in power gives one because of the attitude that they're on benefits therefore are untermensch. I'm a livelong Tory; its disgusting but there's no way I'm putting my hand up for a whistle. I'd never get a job again.

Edit mucked up quote

I feel the need to clarify what's going on. The Debt Management teams have gone ballistic and they're recovering money that was never claimed nor paid to thousands and thousands of people. They're effectively demanding money from innocent people, using legal menaces; they're breaking the legal regulations and using any loophole they can find to collect money. The people on the receivng end have no response because they cannot get legal representation.
It's a scandal in the making but no one in power gives one because of the attitude that they're on benefits therefore are untermensch. I'm a livelong Tory; its disgusting but there's no way I'm putting my hand up for a whistle. I'd never get a job again.

Edit mucked up quote

Happened to me a couple of years ago
Got a letter telling me I had been overpaid £250 ish in 1993 (yes, 25 years prior)

I rang them and said "you what?" and asked them for clarification. They didn't clarify and put on an attachement of earnings order a few weeks later.
I never did get an answer as to the what and how. But they did dip my wage packed to recover it

HCL

LE
Got a letter telling me I had been overpaid £250 ish in 1993 (yes, 25 years prior)

I rang them and said "you what?" and asked them for clarification. They didn't clarify and put on an attachement of earnings order a few weeks later.
I never did get an answer as to the what and how. But they did dip my wage packed to recover it

Debt Management are the equivalent of monkeys in the DWP. Need I say any more?

CB is limited to 2 children. There are exceptions though but then these have a knock on other benefits if applied.
Out of all the benefits, CB is probably the most cost effective and most beneficial to the carer parent.
If you're thinking of the old DHSS style benefits most beloved by the Current Bun and Daily Hate, you'll be in for a shock if you apply for UC, which is a system designed to take as much money back as possible from claimants, most of whom are immigrants.
That have never put in put still use NHS schools etc

There was a news article yesterday featuring a breadline mother of two sprogs.

The camera followed her through a very well presented house full of shiny things and into a very posh fitted out kitchen, where she was bemoaning the plight of her starving offspring, and opened the door of an enormous fridge freezer to show the gullible public how bare Old Mother Hubbards shelves really were.

The more observant viewer may have noticed the two bottles of rose wine sitting on the lower fridge door shelf.

Probably cheap council wine, though.
link?

The alcohol bit - that's all ex BAOR buggered.
I say, you don't think the army encouraged it to avoid pension payouts ?.....

...I'll get me coat....
No that was the tax free fags

My boss pointed this out last month

We traditionally employ quite a lot of eastern european low skill workers, during Brexit and the pandemic (the pandemic being more relevan to us) the changes have meant wages have gone up, skill levels have gone up so the rise in productivity more than mages the increased wage cost.

Good news all round, better paid more productive staff and reduced cost to the business.
What county are you in?

So you didn't bother responding to the Courts when they wrote to you to say "Hey, we have a case being made against you on this date at this time" ?

Your fault then.

My first taste of 'benefits' was when I returned from NI in the late 80s. I had enjoyed/enjured an extended stay in the Province, but, when its over, its over. I had, mostly for reasons of personal safety, acquired a passable Ulster Scots dialect and my parents had moved from Essex to the Norf of England. So, I waited in line, took the obligatory numbered slip from a rotating drum and waited my turn at the front of the queue. When my turn came it was quickly ascertained that I was a 'new claimant' and I was directed to a seat in a side area.

A rather large Geordie chap beckoned me into a 'private room' - both the space and the 'interrogztion' reminded me of a small corner of Springfield Road RUC Station. I was asked the usual name, age, occupation, address, how long have you lived there, where have you been working and then he said, what brought you to the United Kingdom. I was inclined to say 'my daddys spunk', but I needed money, so I merely said, I was born here. He told me not be feckin funny, 'where have you come from recently?' I told him, i came by boat via Stranraer the previous Friday. He stood up and said "My advice to you Paddy, is to feck off back to Ireland'......and he walked back through the door that said 'staff only'.
My ex (Second generation Jamaican), UK passport holder was told to take citizen test in 2005 after 4 years with me in Germany. I told the (very limited English) Pakistani I wanted to see his boss

So you didn't bother responding to the Courts when they wrote to you to say "Hey, we have a case being made against you on this date at this time" ?

Your fault then.

Never had any correspondence from the courts.
Don't think it was ever taken to court to be honest, if it was it was certainly without my knowledge

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Edit mucked up quote
Blimey that's a different kettle of poo.

Latest Threads