Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Lots of interesting discussion. We could bulldoze a million vials of the Oxford vaccination onto the Larne Ferry.

We could even decide to pay the £3 a pop up front for them as a gesture of goodwill.

But until and unless the EU EMA give it the thumbs up, and decide on the dose and timescale for follow ups, then all it can do is sit there taking up space.

Since the EMA seemingly lacks the ability to be proactive and approach the makers of said vaccine or the UK authorities to get the ball rolling quicker.....

So Italy is heading for its 899th government since WW2 or something as the coalition argues over how to spend the super special EU fund, just give 33% to the Mafia and have done with it.

Spain meantime feel that the super 1.5 trillion fund will not be enough and have just sold 130 Billion in 10 yr bonds.

Another haircut looming for Fritz und Hans in Deutschland?. Également Jacques en La belle France?.

Oh dear, never mind...

I
My initial gut reaction to giving Eire our vaccine is “feck ‘em”. They have spent the last few years trying their hardest to screw us over so I have little sympathy.

However, realpolitik and UK health should be a consideration. If, after the UK population has been vaccinated, we can get additional protection for the UK population by vaccinating the Irish, then it’s a legitimate use. Just stick the Union flag all over it though to remind them who it is helping them.

And if we can get political or financial advantage by donating spare vaccine to less fortunate countries, then let’s do so.
To be fair, I've given your suggestions long and considered thought, looked at them from various points of view, and have firmly remained in the feck 'em camp.

My initial gut reaction to giving Eire our vaccine is “feck ‘em”. They have spent the last few years trying their hardest to screw us over so I have little sympathy.

However, realpolitik and UK health should be a consideration. If, after the UK population has been vaccinated, we can get additional protection for the UK population by vaccinating the Irish, then it’s a legitimate use. Just stick the Union flag all over it though to remind them who it is helping them.

And if we can get political or financial advantage by donating spare vaccine to less fortunate countries, then let’s do so.
The diddly dee's can whistle up their frocks for it.
They're a big country who think they can dictate to the UK. Well in their minds they are. Feck them.

Rules and processes in a bureaucracy should be guides, not absolutes.

For the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

From the Irish Times Link:

"The UK exit provided living proof that membership of the EU is the voluntary choice of its member states. This is not a union held together by force and coercion, so characteristic of the past. Secession followed a legally prescribed process that protected both the union and the departing state. That said throughout the process, the EU and its members were intent on defending the collective project and ensuring that the departure of the UK would not lead to further exits."

My bold - Arnt those two sentences somewhat of an oxymoron?

"The UK exit provided living proof that membership of the EU is the voluntary choice of its member states. This is not a union held together by force and coercion, so characteristic of the past. Secession followed a legally prescribed process that protected both the union and the departing state. That said throughout the process, the EU and its members were intent on defending the collective project and ensuring that the departure of the UK would not lead to further exits."

The Irish Times was once recognised as the best Irish paper by far. In the last 10 odd years it has become nothing better than The Guardian or a paper full of articles from Vice.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Looks like the EU propaganda unit are in full swing in RumpEU countries.

Bardeyai

Old-Salt

It is impossible to write truthfully about a subject, any subject, and not include some criticism.... except for this lady it seems. Obviously she was bought cheap and no doubt has no problem at all looking herself in the eye in the mirror.
But I doubt she ever read any Hemingway on the art of writing.

oldbaldy

LE
It doesn't help when highly qualified scientists said no to Amsterdam,

Hate to say I told you so.

It's the same with banks.........very, very few (and particularly wives) want to move to Paris, Frankfurt or Milan.

It's really that simple.

Well Appleby Horse Fair was cancelled last year so maybe this time around..
Cheltenham festival in a couple of months, we can do them all there.

I'd suggest that a football stadium would be a more secure place to hold them...oh vaccinations you say?

Silly old me, wrong end of the stick.
You want Croke Park..........................but it's already been done!