What? No sense of humour.

NEQcounter

War Hero
Sat in my office over lunch a few of us were discussing what we were going to do over the weekend.
Once of the guys, a civvy exclaimed that his wife was having her Schnauzer trimmed on Saturday.
Once the coffee had stopped spurting from my nose and I had stopped choking I said that that was fkin funny. The non-military ladies and gents around me were quite stony faced and clearly didn't understand my humour. I am now thought of as a puerile thug.

Is it me?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes.

Any other questions?

My Mother-In-Law has a Schnauzer. It's small, grey haired and often wet. She lives next to a lake. She gets it trimmed every 8 weeks or so, there's hair all over the floor.

Jeez, I could go on and on!

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
The usual steelies.

See, there has to be a difference between punting a sparrow when you're wearing pointy shoes, or punting it when you've got your dessies on.

Also, OP, was the said bird dead when you released your fury on it, or were their wings just still flapping a little bit.

Was it breathing? Did you try to give it CPR?

You murderer.

I'll give you a snigger for that, but its late in he uk and your thread will sink like maddie wrapped in chains

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I'll give you a snigger for that, but its late in he uk and your thread will sink like maddie wrapped in chains

I know a song about that, but I'll give it a while until Arte wakes up.

Sat in my office over lunch a few of us were discussing what we were going to do over the weekend.
Once of the guys, a civvy exclaimed that his wife was having her Schnauzer trimmed on Saturday.
Once the coffee had stopped spurting from my nose and I had stopped choking I said that that was fkin funny. The non-military ladies and gents around me were quite stony faced and clearly didn't understand my humour. I am now thought of as a puerile thug.

Is it me?
Since joining the civilian population in 2006 I have found it ever more difficult to exercise my right to depravity, sarcasm, sick jokes and laughing out loud at people's stupidness and lack of thought at what they say, this despite my best efforts to maintain squaddie low wit. I say to you sir, strike out for our way, defend the faith and snigger and cafaw at anything civvies say or do that causes the internal body reflex to burst into laughter. It's a way of life that will die out if we do not keep it real!

NEQcounter

War Hero
Since joining the civilian population in 2006 I have found it ever more difficult to exercise my right to depravity, sarcasm, sick jokes and laughing out loud at people's stupidness and lack of thought at what they say, this despite my best efforts to maintain squaddie low wit. I say to you sir, strike out for our way, defend the faith and snigger and cafaw at anything civvies say or do that causes the internal body reflex to burst into laughter. It's a way of life that will die out if we do not keep it real!
Amen!

Last edited:
Arte rarely sleeps.

image.jpg

You young 'un's

Waite until you've been out for 25 years (no - there is a good chance you won't be dead) and you still look a twat for laughing at the wrong things and (more importantly) the wrong people at the wrong moment. As a thrusting 30 something you have the mental agility to gate those moments but time tells and you're sick humour and lack of a ****** threshold wins, which gets all sorts of looks. Always worth working with fellow mil types, just never mix a civi in to you're tale swapping and pissing competitions

No sense of humour!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it me?

I would have laughed. Although I'm a civvy, I described a situation at work to one of my supervisors as 'a right royal cock up'. You should have seen his reaction. Doubly shocked as I'm usually very ladylike at work.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I would have laughed. Although I'm a civvy, I described a situation at work to one of my supervisors as 'a right royal cock up'. You should have seen his reaction. Doubly shocked as I'm usually very ladylike at work.

Crikey. That's just bonkers that is.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
My Sidney never had a car it was black.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads