What no outrage!

There is outrage over the Boston Bombings, killing 3.
There was outrage at BP for the Deepwater horizon blast.

But a big fertilizer manufacturer had an explosion killing more, and there is no outrage against the businessmen that let this happen.

There were warnings a year or two ago and they were fined.
Just down the road in 1945 a similar explosion killed 500, the biggest industrial accident in US history.

Discuss.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer

But a big fertilizer manufacturer had an explosion killing more, and there is no outrage against the businessmen that let this happen.

Just down the road in 1945 a similar explosion killed 500, the biggest industrial accident in US history.

Discuss.

There will not be outrage, but a long convoluted legal battle involving US lawyers. Its an American company involved. If the company had a B in its name which could be possibly and remotely linked by meaning British (ie British Petroleum) then the dogs of rage would be out and barking now.

Terrorism gives government an excuse to spy on the private lives of every living individual, engage in torture, invade oil-rich nations, suspend civil liberties, introduce secret courts and imprison people for years on mere suspicion so it is in vogue.

Industrial accidents are obligingly ignored, for fear the regulation needed to prevent them might harm profits.

Discuss.

Which one will give me the best bang for my buck?

Fertilisers - Farmway

Unless it turns out someone in the factory was throwing a 'Diesel and detonator' evening, it's a pretty ****ing boring story.

I've done quite well for them in the last couple of weeks (between bouts of gale force winds).
Bloody hell - were are you? I wasn't expecting them for another 4 weeks or so.

I thought that when the place was built - it was out on its own in a secluded part of nowhere - but urban spread from the nearby town over the years brought the homes closer and closer to the fertiliser plant... So the people responsible are the towns democratically elected officials.

To me it reeks of people complaining about the river flooding their houses after building them on a flood plain!

I'm not telling you!

By doing well, I mean caught one, lost one , saw one.
One in three's not a bad rate - especially if you're spinning. I shall have to dust off my tackle (yes, I know - fnaar, fnaar, Jarrod etc)

I assume there will be an investigation into the fertilizer factory fire/explosion? So maybe we should wait until the results of that before the lynch mob get warmed up?