What no outrage!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 17THSEPTEMBER1944, Apr 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is outrage over the Boston Bombings, killing 3.
    There was outrage at BP for the Deepwater horizon blast.

But a big fertilizer manufacturer had an explosion killing more, and there is no outrage against the businessmen that let this happen.

There were warnings a year or two ago and they were fined.
    Just down the road in 1945 a similar explosion killed 500, the biggest industrial accident in US history.

2. Terrorist killing is much more popular than fertiliser, that's my guess.
  3. I suspect that the lawyers will be taking a great interest in this.........
  4. I'm very outraged, so much so that I'm off to do some rock hopping with my spinning rod.
  5. I'll just observe which way the wind blows on this i reckon
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

There will not be outrage, but a long convoluted legal battle involving US lawyers. Its an American company involved. If the company had a B in its name which could be possibly and remotely linked by meaning British (ie British Petroleum) then the dogs of rage would be out and barking now.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Terrorism gives government an excuse to spy on the private lives of every living individual, engage in torture, invade oil-rich nations, suspend civil liberties, introduce secret courts and imprison people for years on mere suspicion so it is in vogue.

Industrial accidents are obligingly ignored, for fear the regulation needed to prevent them might harm profits.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Bit early in the year for bass, isn't it?

9. Which one will give me the best bang for my buck?

Fertilisers - Farmway
  10. I've done quite well for them in the last couple of weeks (between bouts of gale force winds).
  11. Unless it turns out someone in the factory was throwing a 'Diesel and detonator' evening, it's a pretty ****ing boring story.
  12. Bloody hell - were are you? I wasn't expecting them for another 4 weeks or so.
  13. I'm not telling you!

By doing well, I mean caught one, lost one , saw one.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Was that just the one fish, or three separate ones?
  15. I thought that when the place was built - it was out on its own in a secluded part of nowhere - but urban spread from the nearby town over the years brought the homes closer and closer to the fertiliser plant... So the people responsible are the towns democratically elected officials.

To me it reeks of people complaining about the river flooding their houses after building them on a flood plain!