What? no more Win 10 phones?

I`m at the end of my contract with Tesco and my Lumia 650 which runs Win10 , its been a good phone and I like how it works , it appears Microsoft are not offering phones any more ? guess I`ll have to dick about learning to use an android?

I`m at the end of my contract with Tesco and my Lumia 650 which runs Win10 , its been a good phone and I like how it works , it appears Microsoft are not offering phones any more ? guess I`ll have to dick about learning to use an android?
iPhone? hehe

Windows 10 designed for touch devices but MS have found it more difficult than expected to make one version of windoze for all phones.

The app store is pretty poor too.

Both android and ios are fine. I can't mourn the death of the win phone personally

endure

GCM
If your phone is still ok and you're happy with it just get yourself a SIM only contract. No need to get a new phone.

My old Nokia Lumia 930 (Denim, Win 8.1) hasn't been a bad phone and it's been a rest from pervasive invasive Google. I do like the Cortana feature that saves loads of time searching and dialling. The camera and Lumia software are over-rated, the Samsung Tab S3 takes better pictures tbh, but the Windows Phone's been a nice change from Android.

Despite the annoyances, I'm on my second iphone in 5 years.
I personally find ios easier to get on with than android.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
I like my windows dual sim phone but with lack of apps and my bank withdrawing the app for it I knew the writing was on the wall. It is also sticky since changing from 8.1 to 10. Ms W21A uses me as her tech support so she has windows as well. One her phone contract runs out I'll be shopping for a pair of Androids. Never iphone.

I like my windows dual sim phone but with lack of apps and my bank withdrawing the app for it I knew the writing was on the wall. It is also sticky since changing from 8.1 to 10. Ms W21A uses me as her tech support so she has windows as well. One her phone contract runs out I'll be shopping for a pair of Androids. Never iphone.
Don't knock it until you've tried it.
I was a dyed in the wood android user for years until I got a decent offer on an iphone 4s

Last edited:
Windows 10 apps are almost universally crap.
Win 10 updates are flaky and can often break parts of the machine
Win 10 is heavier on batteries that other operating systems
Microsoft isn't sure WTF it is doing with Win10 mobile.
Other than that be sure you will have a great operating system ;)

endure

GCM
Are there going to be any new Windows phones? I've never owned one but I've played with one in a shop and quite liked the way it worked.

Unlikely as MS have pulled development of the OS.

As I'm writing this on a Linux machine you can see what a big MS fan I am.

But seriously, the user base was too small for MS to make a profit on development. It's not likely that any manufacturer would willingly bundle a moribund OS with their shiny new hardware.

There will still be a few Win10 phones available for a while and the OS will be supported (but not developed for a couple of years.

As an oldish fart I'll stick with my £80 Nokia Lumia 930, 2 GB ram, 32 GB storage. Does me and I was never really keen on apps anyway. It works just fine and I reckon upgrading it to the Win 10 carp would be a big mistake. It'll do for another couple of years maybe.

Review.

Nope, never apple , I run my business PC and laptop on Win 10 , very happy with it all ,just hoped I could have a new Win 10 phone .
So do we. Small company, 2 x iPhone 2 x Android and 1 x Win 10. We have no problems with multi-platform phones. It's not like you can run Sage line 100 on it. We let the employee use their own phone.

I've still got my Lumia 640. I've only kept it as there's a game on it I play, if I could access the game from my new phone I'd bin it.

Kin ell. Lumia? Win10 os?

You poor bastard.

Get a Samsung note8 or S9+. It can do anything. I watch Netflix a lot on mine. I internet shop. My entire music collection is on it and I can bluetooth it to any device, mostly my car. I use it as a DAB radio. I even take calls on it occasionally.

Latest Threads