What next.............Eddie Stobart as Inspecting Officer?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FiveAlpha, Nov 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen this on defence intranet. Got me thinking, why is a copper - basically a civilian - presenting medals? Is it because they're military policemen? If so then surely medics should have theirs presented by a surgeon and the Loggies by Eddie Stobart or maybe Norbert Dentressangle?

Link Here

Fifty Colchester-based Royal Military Police (RMP) officers have been honoured by a senior civilian police officer for their work in Afghanistan and how that has helped in tackling drugs and terrorism in the UK.

2. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Heroin at an all time low street price, production in Afghanistan at an all time high

Great work chaps, here have some medals and lets see if we can use that to divert attention from the real facts

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

We had the head of Islington Police as the VIP at my Passing Out Parade and we are an artillery unit! His speech was especially irrelevent when he started talking about knife crime. WTF?

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Yep, its unlikely the dropshorts would ever have the precision to be effective against knifecrime....

5. Utter disgrace.

It is entirely inappropriate that our brave Royal Military Police are 'honoured' by a civilian police officer. Whilst there are some superficial similiarities (I'm thinking the name here), the roles are so different that a civpol officer is completely the wrong figurehead.

An author of children's stories, such as a modern-day Enid Blyton, would surely be more fitting?

6. With half the RMPs round here Gok Wan or some other metrosexual icon would be more appropriate :D

7. They should have had an actor from the Bill. :wink:

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I once had Princess Anne on my det - I could tell within 10 seconds she knew fck all about Clansman kit - she meant well though....

9. lets face it most of the rest of the signals dont know anything about it

10. That's nothing. A bloke from some chip shop regiment once had her on his nob.

11. At Hendon police college the piccies of all the previous passing out parades are on the wall.....plenty of military officers have been the inspecting officer. They probably just pick whoever is free on a particular afternoon....