What Newspaper?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by johnojohnson, Feb 17, 2005.

?
  1. Telegraph

44.2%
  2. Times

16.8%
  3. Guardian

8.8%
  4. Independant

8.8%
  5. Dail Mail

9.7%
  6. Daily Express

2.7%
  7. Mirror

0.9%
  8. Sun

5.3%
  9. Sport

1.8%
  10. Financial Times

0.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this has been done before but what newspaper do you read on a regular basis. Please be honest as this is a legit enquiry. I myself read the Telegraph.

And no I'm not a journo or even associated with them.

2. Spelink korektid

Oh , and another paper added, as mine wasn't up there :D

3. you missed out 'other peoples'

4. Fanxs PTP

5. I too prefer the Telegraph.

However, I do try and read another broadsheet and a rag to try and keep abreast of Current Affairs. These will vary, depending on what is lying about/I can actually be bothered to buy. Usually end up with a Times/Sun Gaurdian/Mirror combo. Bit sad, but the day job affords me such luxuries!

Just to reiterate, the Telegraph is my paper of first choice. Possibly one of the better rugby sections available on Thursdays and Mondays, too. bah!

6. I've given up on paper newspapers. I get the main 'posh' papers together with a couple of US papers and a German daily. I find these best as one topic in one paper can cause me to wander off into Google and then follow tracks all over the place.

7. I've given up on paper newspapers. I get the main 'posh' papers together with a couple of US papers and a German daily through the internet. I find these best as one topic in one paper can cause me to wander off into Google and then follow tracks all over the place.

8. Frankly I can't be arrsed to read a paper these days. They all have some form of bias despite what they might want you to believe.

I also rarely have the time 8O

9. The telegraph is worth the money for the obituaries alone. Take a look at the online version today, at least three old warriors passing away, heroes all.

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Telegraph - is this a trend. Also Spectator fairly often, and the Economist and Private Eye slightly less often. Oh and Soldier (is that sad?)

11. As at the time of posting, I notice that 'The Sun' has attracted 'nul points'. Do I dare to hope that the Great ARRSE Boycott of 'The Sun' has begun already? :D

I was wandering about in Salisbury this morning before setting off hunting, and I deliberately didn't buy a copy of that rag and felt absurdly pleased for doing so. :D

**Rustles paper**

12. We have The Times but we both feel it has dumbed down. Trouble is, none of the rest is any better. Just where do you go for a wide range of news and authoritative analysis?

If The Economist did a daily I'd buy that straight away.

13. I used to read the daily mail for a few years, but i belive it has dummed down over the last few years and the editorial team tend to contradict themselves from day to day.

I now read the telegraph/times and the Beeb news online first thing (hence the proliferation of torytgraph stories in my posts :D )

I do read the FT occasionally as it makes a change, and i like to keep an eye on the markets (A_S adjusts his red braces and wingtip shoes :lol: )

A_S

14. The Scotsman

other 'qualities' when I have time, and when I have both time and web access I see stories from all qualities

Sunday Times on errrm, Sunday although we may have to install a new letterbox