What nation is the most peaceful?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/6704767.stm

A study has ranked Norway as the most peaceful country and Iraq as the least in a survey of 121 countries.
The Global Peace Index, compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit, looked at 24 factors to determine how peaceful each country was.

It places the US at 96th on the list and the UK at 49th, while New Zealand ranks second and Japan fifth.
Frankly speaking I thought that the most peaceful country is Iceland.

The United States is 96th - between Yemen and Iran - again because of such things as its military spending, its involvement in Iraq, violent crime at home, and a high prison population.

The survey also places Russia and Israel at the wrong end of the scale - 118th and 119th respectively.
Anti-Semites are everywhere.

So, Ireland is now more peaceful than Switzerland, and Russia is worse than Afghanistan (Well they may be right there).

We obviously live in changing times :roll:

spike7451 said:
I think Ireland is the most peaceful. (Not Ulster)
I agree with you, Spike. But then I would, wouldn't I?

MsG

Apparently certain cities in Japan were extremely peaceful by late 1945.

skintboymike said:
I'm quite sure the Vatican is the most peaceful country somehow.......
Not a chance. I used to know a priest who was posted to a very dodgy part of Thailand. His regular Saturday night entertainment involved a few beers followed by kicking the living sh1t out of paedophile tourists.

Also I have it on good authority that the nuns in the Vatican run a 'foxy boxing' league.

Trevelez said:
Edited due to my Kiwi other half threatening castration due to me quoting nonsense
Yup, real peaceful them Kiwi burds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about this then?

But Mr Blair said: "The one thing I have come to despise more than anything else in my 10 years is cynicism".
The fuckin' cheeky bastard! Is it any wonder we all want to kick the fucker to death?

Easter Island, Christmas Island, Tonga, Virgin Island. Jamicia as they been on the local fags? they are my nominations but my winner would be Greenland or Antarticia. Both have inhabitants.

Bugsy said:
How about this then?

But Mr Blair said: "The one thing I have come to despise more than anything else in my 10 years is cynicism".
The fuckin' cheeky bastard! Is it any wonder we all want to kick the fucker to death?
"Cynicism" is imprinted through this fcuker, like "Blackpool rock". If he ever goes astray in Iraq, we may get to see this literally.