What must fall to make us forget slavery?

On the basis that Britain abolished slavery throughout the British Empire (with specific exemptions e.g. East India Company areas) in the 1830's (and the slave trade itself 26 years prior to that) and enforced the laws they had passed, and the current various self-appointed accusers still hold us (Caucasians) personally responsible for actions that were (or were not) taken by our ancestors approximately ten generations ago, I look forward to the as yet unborn Germans in 6 to 7 generations time ceasing to be held personally responsible for the actions of their ancestors in the 1940's.

At this point, I want to apologize to The French for my personal involvement in the murdering of their ancestors at Waterloo. Whilst I am not aware of any ancestors being present let alone having any effect, I apologize unreservedly for my failure to restrain my ancestors. I would like to lodge a small complaint against The Black Hand for the treatment of some ancestors about 1,500 years ago, and against Italy for their failure to hold cultural understanding meetings before, during or after their legions killed many of my ancestors. Guillaume Le Batarde, J'accuse aussi. (I made a French Master cry, apologies for spelling/grammar/everything).

I wonder with what scorn the people in 10 generations will view the appalling and unacceptable actions and beliefs of the current crop of "little messiahs" as their values and standards will inevitably be different. That far in the future, hopefully they will apply a more rigorous form of research to the "bigotry" of their ancestors and much greater understanding of their non-conforming and ill thought out views.

Of course it is self-evident that the current self-absorbed little darlings are completely correct and are asserting everlasting truths, values and standards. It is a shame that Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and others held the same unshakeable certainties about the purity of their beliefs.

GH
Lily Allen walt

I look forward to the as yet unborn Germans in 6 to 7 generations time ceasing to be held personally responsible for the actions of their ancestors in the 1940's.

At this point, I want to apologize to The French for my personal involvement in the murdering of their ancestors at Waterloo. Whilst I am not aware of any ancestors being present let alone having any effect, I apologize unreservedly for my failure to restrain my ancestors. I would like to lodge a small complaint against The Black Hand for the treatment of some ancestors about 1,500 years ago, and against Italy for their failure to hold cultural understanding meetings before, during or after their legions killed many of my ancestors. Guillaume Le Batarde, J'accuse aussi. (I made a French Master cry, apologies for spelling/grammar/everything).

I wonder with what scorn the people in 10 generations will view the appalling and unacceptable actions and beliefs of the current crop of "little messiahs" as their values and standards will inevitably be different. That far in the future, hopefully they will apply a more rigorous form of research to the "bigotry" of their ancestors and much greater understanding of their non-conforming and ill thought out views.

Of course it is self-evident that the current self-absorbed little darlings are completely correct and are asserting everlasting truths, values and standards. It is a shame that Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and others held the same unshakeable certainties about the purity of their beliefs.

GH
So you don't think Germany will be a Muslim country then, rejoicing in what the Nazi's did?

On the basis that Britain abolished slavery throughout the British Empire (with specific exemptions e.g. East India Company areas) in the 1830's (and the slave trade itself 26 years prior to that) and enforced the laws they had passed, and the current various self-appointed accusers still hold us (Caucasians) personally responsible for actions that were (or were not) taken by our ancestors approximately ten generations ago, I look forward to the as yet unborn Germans in 6 to 7 generations time ceasing to be held personally responsible for the actions of their ancestors in the 1940's.

GH
Unless you're on a wind up, one things certain. You ain't D Lammy.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It appears that to the snowflakes, one can no longer use the word lynching
Screenshot_20210423-195748_Facebook.jpg

The subject matter was folk camping this week before lockdown lifted up here.

It appears that to the snowflakes, one can no longer use the word lynching View attachment 567670

The subject matter was folk camping this week before lockdown lifted up here.
Is the word hanging still ok though?

Maybe hanging has positive racial connotations or will someone get hung up about it.

"If the Commonwealth War Graves Commission had set up a committee and discovered that 100,000 white British soldiers lay in mass graves - unmarked, uncommemorated - and the documentation proved that that had been deliberate, what would they do?" he said.

The above bit made me think that he is trying to find a problem and milk it - and that he is utterly talking out of his backside.

As a youth I was quite into my photography, even setting up a darkroom in my bedroom. cemetries are great for moody black and white pics, especially if you chuck on a red filter for extra contrast. As Anfield cemetery was only a 20min walk from me it was perfect - as a result I know of the mass grave of over 500 unknown dead in that cemetery. So I can officially tell that ‘historian’ to wind his f***ing neck in.

Hmmm.

It was not until Nov 1918 that an Act was enabled which allowed women to be elected to Parliament.

It was not until 1928 that an Act was enabled which allowed the voting age for women (21) to be on the same terms as men.

It is quite possible that these Acts benefited some black women.

Somebody care to give David Lammy a call as I'm sure that he'll have a view on the matter? :rolleyes:
All the fault of Eward XV, and you never see a policeman on the streets.

The National Trust last year unveiled a dossier of research into alleged colonial connections at Churchill's Chartwell home in Kent, noting that “he was prime minister during the devastating Bengal famine of 1943”.

Did the NT also 'note' that he was Prime Minister during the devastation caused during the entirety of WW2?

(Not a dig at @pimpernel) Just a dig at the increasingly annoying NT.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm sure someone will try and pin the blitz and the holocaust on him....

Well if he had just surrendered, the Blitz would not have happened. So it's his fault! :)

The National Trust last year unveiled a dossier of research into alleged colonial connections at Churchill's Chartwell home in Kent, noting that “he was prime minister during the devastating Bengal famine of 1943”.

The National Trust is a bloated, degenerate and (currently) a betrayal of the ideals it was derived from.

It is reflected in its Leadership..