What must fall to make us forget slavery?

By the look of this article, there are academics in Britain who believe more or less everything must fall.

Yes, if you believed the opinions of the prof mentioned in this article, you'd imagine Britain had been a XRW cesspit for more than 100 years.

Here we have both sides doing a hatchet job.

On one hand the website seems to want to trigger certain response and outrage. On the flip side we have lefty academics trying to prove how evil the UK is.

There were fascist parties around the world, these were seen as viable simply because the opposite, Ie communism was seen as viable. Both, however, required strong authoritarian dictatorships. After WWII everyone sort of had a 'hang on a moment' thought process in regards to dictatorships, and you can see that the UK stepped away from the extremes, of either side.

The two sides of the same coin argument can be quite happily proved by the quote from the article, which is in turn quoting the scholars.
‘It relies on a remarkably similar language of victimhood,’ says Schofield. It seeks ‘an absolutist view of free speech’, and the ‘domination of people of colour, Islam, and the Left’, and believes in a ‘Jewish world plot’.

Now how many of those points apply quite readily to the left as well? Do you think Ms Schofield is self aware enough to spot that?

Equally, we're conducting that age old curse of Historians. Judging past actions by today's thinking.

1614282934059.png

1614283009425.png

84% of Black Brits Say Statue Toppling is Not Legitimate Protest

The whole American helicopter fleet is named after native American tribes

I await their new fleet
Our new attack helicopter the AH78 ' Floyd"
I think the ‘re-naming of things’ could almost be a thread of its own.

HMS Winnie Mandela. Or would that be more suited for mechanised vehicles?

RedDinger

War Hero
4 of the brave SJWs were up before the beak and remanded to appear before the Crown Court this December:

I hope that the 2 on the right had Fair Trade skinny lattes in those cups . . .

View attachment 553846
Its not their fault. With names like Milo Ponsford and Sage Willoughby they were destined to be snowflakes. Albeit privileged ones. I expect daddy will pay the fines.

4 of the brave SJWs were up before the beak and remanded to appear before the Crown Court this December:

I hope that the 2 on the right had Fair Trade skinny lattes in those cups . . .

View attachment 553846

Interesting to note the address of Ms Graham with the rusty, um, scarf.

"Mr Skuse, of Farley Close, Bristol; Ms Graham, of Colston Road, Bristol; Mr Ponsford, of Bishopstoke, Hampshire; and Mr Willoughby, of Gloucester Road, Bristol, were charged with causing criminal damage in December."