Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must fall to make us forget slavery?

Chef

LE
It gets better here boys and girls with London‘s impeccable leader hiring an extreme lefty activist to review the statues.

Who is accusing

- Diane Abbott of betraying / going against her kind

- David Lammy being a poor example of an African

You could not make this up lol

cheers
He comes across as a bit thick:

Toyin Agbetu, who was appointed to the Mayor of London's Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm, accused Ms Abbott of being 'disloyal to her own community' and called Mr Lammy a 'poor example of Africans'.

Abbott born in Paddington, Lammy born in Archway. Both English not African, though I suppose that does make them poor examples of Africans.

Agbetu born in Hackney so not a good example of an African either.

ABNredleg

War Hero
US News,

White House says Biden supports study of slavery reparations!​

Just how many are still alive who were brought to the US against their will?
How many have a better life than they would running around the Savana chasing lions away from their goats.

Think I'll ask Putin to take me in as a refugee, and if that fails I'll accept North Korea.
It’s just a symbolic gesture to his base. Only 20% of the US population (33% of Dems) supports reparations so he’s not going to waste much time or effort on it.

U.S. public more aware of racial inequality but still rejects reparations: Reuters/Ipsos polling

ABNredleg

War Hero

IndiaGB

Clanker
I find it strange that there's the vandalism of statues in the west of slavers and slave owners who have been dead for centuries in some instances, but the hordes who are rioting and looting don't give a damn about modern slavery in Africa and the Middle East.
Shouldn't be an issue if the enslavers died centuries ago. Who is getting hurt if a few or all lifeless staues get broken down?

He comes across as a bit thick:

Toyin Agbetu, who was appointed to the Mayor of London's Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm, accused Ms Abbott of being 'disloyal to her own community' and called Mr Lammy a 'poor example of Africans'.

Abbott born in Paddington, Lammy born in Archway. Both English not African, though I suppose that does make them poor examples of Africans.

Agbetu born in Hackney so not a good example of an African either.

It's a bit like when Blair did the committee to look at firearms. Gill Marshal-Andrews* was invited to be part of it.

*Founder of the Gun Control Network, utter cock. Once screamed and boo'd a lady off stage. The lady had been giving a speech about her son, who'd been shot. trouble was she wasn't with the program pointing out that her son had been shot by an illegally held weapon. Think Piers Morgan Analogue, and held in the same high regard.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Shouldn't be an issue if the enslavers died centuries ago. Who is getting hurt if a few or all lifeless staues get broken down?

So all sculptures should be taken down once the subject has died?

Shouldn't be an issue if the enslavers died centuries ago. Who is getting hurt if a few or all lifeless statues get broken down?

Much to my amusement

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

It seems you approve of rioting.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer