Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must fall to make us forget slavery?

From what I hear you're already badly outnumbered, even before the usual shady voting takes place.

The last few years have polarised communities, along with self loathing liberals who would be happy to see history flushed away, to be replaced by their narrative.

I'm sure this important piece of art could be afforded the same protection as historic statues and be removed by the local council to a secure storage facility.
Or deposited into the local water-course for safe keeping?

tiv

LE
The Manilla is a copper bangle used as currency in the slave trade. A ship carrying Manillas would sail to West Africa where local tribes would round up others who were exchanged for the Manillas and other goods, shipped across the Atlantic where the slaves were replaced by the goods the slaves produced which were then shipped back to Europe and replaced by a load of Manillas ...

So an awful lot of people were involved but selectively ignored by those banging on about it today.

I think a lot of people will be getting lifetime bans when fans are allowed back into football grounds
Now defaced a third time.

Again, is this racism or just people being pissed hacked off.

Issi

War Hero
There was an interview on the radio yesterday with a footballer.

He didn’t seem to be the brightest chap, and was unhappy that many clubs are starting to move away from the pre match kneel.

He stated that something still needs to be done, and advocated introducing another gesture, perhaps raising one clenched fist?

Also I can see law suits about the right of fans to engage in a legitimate protest and what happens if instead of booing the fans whistle or turn their backs to the pitch, will that be racist too?
I'm not sure if any private company has to allow legitimate protest from it who it lets on its property.

I'm not sure if any private company has to allow legitimate protest from it who it lets on its property.
True. Forgot about you are not allowed protest on private property unless I’m wrong .... as usual.

ETA Isn’t there a rule about not allowing football players to make political statements apart from wearing Poppys? I seem to remember a couple of players getting into trouble for showing such on t shirts under their team strips.

Last edited:

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
US News,

White House says Biden supports study of slavery reparations!​

Just how many are still alive who were brought to the US against their will?
How many have a better life than they would running around the Savana chasing lions away from their goats.

Think I'll ask Putin to take me in as a refugee, and if that fails I'll accept North Korea.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cheers dits.

Get back to us when you've voted him out.
I'll happily vote against him, but my one vote versus the 40 postal votes from a 1 bed terrace house in Bethnal Green won't make much of a difference.

I'll happily vote against him, but my one vote versus the 40 postal votes from a 1 bed terrace house in Bethnal Green won't make much of a difference.

Time you cheeky cockernee sparrers wiv yer pearly kings and queens got orf yer apples and pairs an went Old Kent Road on the whole rub-a-dub then.

It gets better here boys and girls with London‘s impeccable leader hiring an extreme lefty activist to review the statues.

Who is accusing

- Diane Abbott of betraying / going against her kind

- David Lammy being a poor example of an African

You could not make this up lol

cheers

Bloody good job Mr Khan is paying this activist from his own pocket rather that using public money!

Eh? What's that you say?