Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must fall to make us forget slavery?

Bee Companeeee

Old-Salt
Here's a conumdrum for the RAF.

OP BLACK BUCK the vaunted Vulcan raid during the Falklands Conflict appears to have been named after an insulting racially motivated term for for a certain type of black man.

Should they continue to refer to it by its correct name or will they do what they did to the grave of that dog at Scampton and just remove it from RAF history?

OP BLACK BUCK the vaunted Vulcan raid during the Falklands Conflict appears to have been named after an insulting racially motivated term for for a certain type of black NornIrish man.

Should they continue to refer to it by its correct name or will they do what they did to the grave of that dog at Scampton and just remove it from RAF history?
Fixed.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer

OP BLACK BUCK the vaunted Vulcan raid during the Falklands Conflict appears to have been named after an insulting racially motivated term for for a certain type of black man.

Eejit.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Description sounds about right. Tough buggers and quite delicious turned into dry wors with a drop of brandy as a mate's Namibian missus is wont to do.

Tool

LE
Description sounds about right. Tough buggers and quite delicious turned into dry wors with a drop of brandy as a mate's Namibian missus is wont to do.
Brandy deserves its place right up there with bacon and cheese as a "everything tastes bette with..." option. Never eaten Sable (I thought it was a protected species?), but kudu makes good 'tong and a delectible stew.

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
IAW the purpose of this thread.

I was going to post this, but what I find disturbing is that it seems to be forming some part of the Primary School curriculum. If that's the case it does suggest that education is being corrupted by the extreme left and children will be left with nothing to provide balance.

Chef

LE
Once we've got rid of all the statues that fail to match up to the very high moral standards set by the woke party who's will be left?

Gandhi's gone; racist comments
MLK; Nope adulterer and wimmin abuser
No white male or female figures; obviously.

Probably leaves George Floyd, patron saint of BLM and the wokeratti.

syrup

LE
I was going to post this, but what I find disturbing is that it seems to be forming some part of the Primary School curriculum. If that's the case it does suggest that education is being corrupted by the extreme left and children will be left with nothing to provide balance.

What I find disturbing in the narrative is the attempt to stifle debate by BLM.
The tearing down of slave related statues means they disappear from history and the chance to debate them.
This doesn't suit BLM's narrative that only whites can be slave owners or deal in slaves and the only racism is white on black.
The inconvenient truth is that coloured people hate other coloured people and other Africans enslaved fellow Africans.
They don't want to debate the facts that while Sir Thomas Guy dealt in slaves he used his money to build two hospitals.

They don't want to recognise that some of these leading the debate on race refuse to acknowledge that they are far more educated and attended better schools and universities than a hell of a lot us white's who we are told are privileged simply by birth and colour.

The only privilege I had was two hard working parents who appreciated it was their business to bring up their children and not the responsibility of the state or anyone else.

Maybe some of these clowns would be better trying to track down errant fathers now than worrying about what happened 200 years ago.

Last edited:
Strangely enough I've never once heard or read anything about him criticising the involvement of the Black tribes in Sub-Saharan Africa in the slave trade, or about how they created a flourishing trade with the Arabs long before the White Man became involved.

Latest Threads