Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must fall to make us forget slavery?

Possibly unintuitively, I agree that Ofcom made the correct decision; the artistic freedom which we want for everyone is what allowed these clowns to perform their repellent routine.

Whether it was worthwhile is another matter; the television show on which it appeared is ugly trash, as is pretty well all of the same type of 'entertainment'. The answer is to give the troupe no more work where anyone with discretion is likely to be watching, but of course much of the population is conditioned to be a dull, glazed-eye audience to anything at all which appears on their screens, so the producers will carry on providing the pap. There is an 'off' switch, but it won't be used while the dullards have difficulty in separating themselves from their comfy settee and takeaway pizza.

I saw they lost almost a million veiwers week on week.
Oh dear.
Politcizing sheepleTV proves not all are bleating to the beat.

Imagine if some "artist" did the same thing to polticize the murder of Lee Rigby through a dance routine on TV.
Yeah, We know it would never have happened, It would have been considered bad taste by the establishment and banned.
The "arts" would have been up in arms.
They would have said the murder of Lee Rigby is not representative of the Muslim faith, it's not art.
We all know that line was towed in part.

Just like the Murder of George Floyd is not representative of British Police and the british Fentanyl epidemic.

Yeah, we know the score.

In_Twists

Old-Salt
Are you feeling comfortable enough to start some low-level rabble-rousing after only a couple of months and a few posts?

Some of your fellow socks have had accounts dormant for years and not raised so much as a squeak,

Just my thoughts. Im not trying to raise a militia or anything but the way I see it, thats the only way anythings going to change.
But its pie in the sky. The people are stuck in a rut (as indeed I am) and unwilling and unready to give up luxuries they now see as rights and necessities. Plus as Im still in, I cant really go too rogue - got me pension to think of!

Whats a sock - seen it mentioned. Is it a sheep-like follower of another OP?

Sexton Blake

War Hero
In yesterday’s Times the fragrant Baroness Floella Benjamin had to walk out of watching Dunkirk as ‘disgracefully’ there was no representation of BAME Servicemen and women (other genders are available apparently).

Must admit, without doing any research, I am assuming the 1939-1940 BEF would not have many BAME folk as that aspect of our Empire at the time hadn’t been ‘activated’ or called up etc.

Is there a list of racist films on here somewhere? Don’t worry, I won’t start one.

Attachments

• 2D9D36FC-449F-4C7C-9F49-F0B597C1928E.jpeg
    2D9D36FC-449F-4C7C-9F49-F0B597C1928E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
Must admit, without doing any research, I am assuming the 1939-1940 BEF would not have many BAME folk as that aspect of our Empire at the time hadn’t been ‘activated’ or called up etc.

Pretty much so
The UK didnt intend on Being a major player on Land and Thus no need to call up Indians* etc - that obviously changed in June 1940.

Its a bot like the outrage at Fox for his comments about the Sikh infantryman in 1917.

Its pretty clear the charecter was added in light of the complaints viz Dunkirk.

Of course as there were Indian troops the shout from the left is that he is ignorant racist etc and it historically accurate. Which is a bit unfortunate because if were doung historical accuracy Fox is correct - there were no Indian Infantry in France in 1917 - they had been withdrawn** and sent to other theatres IIRC the Indian cav division remained though.

*Asides from a Mule logistics unit

**Sensibly so in my opinion - Theatres they were better suited to both organisation wise and climate and the British man wasnt.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Pretty much so
The UK didnt intend on Being a major player on Land and Thus no need to call up Indians* etc - that obviously changed in June 1940.

Its a bot like the outrage at Fox for his comments about the Sikh infantryman in 1917.

Its pretty clear the charecter was added in light of the complaints viz Dunkirk.

Of course as there were Indian troops the shout from the left is that he is ignorant racist etc and it historically accurate. Which is a bit unfortunate because if were doung historical accuracy Fox is correct - there were no Indian Infantry in France in 1917 - they had been withdrawn** and sent to other theatres IIRC the Indian cav division remained though.

*Asides from a Mule logistics unit

**Sensibly so in my opinion - Theatres they were better suited to both organisation wise and climate and the British man wasnt.
Thank you, most informative.

My conclusion is that Floella apparently flounced out of a cinema at some point during the film due to a lack of BAME representation.

I wonder (for all of 3 seconds) at what point did she go. At the very end of the film? Half way though? Or maybe it never happened and she made it all up to answer a stock question in a weekly article in the Times; the lying bint.

She will be equally offended by any film of DDay and the subsequent battle through France involving UK forces - because there will be a lack of BAME representation if were doing as she insists historically accurate representations.

Simply because most empire units* that served abroad served in the Far East etc. Indian units were in Italy IIRC and obviously the desert campaign.

You dont get it both ways you cannot insist theres lots of black faces because thats historically correct - but then insist they are shown where it isnt.

Expect similar outrage over the likes of Saving private Ryan etc or future U films wanting a chance of an Oscar showing mixed race units fighting through France. In total defiance of history and racial segregation.

Providing they dont go all woke about it - the US Inf Div in the bulge would be a good exception as the 1st mixed race unit un the US Army - following a severe manpower crisis.

*Canada and Oz being Dominions

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In yesterday’s Times the fragrant Baroness Floella Benjamin had to walk out of watching Dunkirk as ‘disgracefully’ there was no representation of BAME Servicemen and women (other genders are available apparently).

Is there a list of racist films on here somewhere? Don’t worry, I won’t start one.

There was an Indian Army unit in France from quite early on.
A Service Corps mule unit.
4 companies, a HQ, support elements and even a hospital.
Over 1,000 men
Many of whom were evacuated via Dunkirk as well as other locations in France.
Some were captured and spent the war as PoWs.
They were known as Force K6.

Some are buried in France, some in the UK, 2 in a graveyard close to me.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
For God’s sake man. She is a life peer of the realm and once was on TV, Playschool I recall.

I would have put her on the MILF thread but she doesn’t have kids. And I don’t like her.

Latest Threads