Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must fall to make us forget slavery?

Are you kidding me?

Top bloke is our Ashley - every other ****** in the world is rioting, protesting, looting, burning and killing, and there he is taking money off the fcking Beeb on the back of it.

Cha-fcking-ching, you old white guys.

As ‘Deep throat‘ told us in All the Presidents Men, follow the money.
Always.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Are you kidding me?

Top bloke is our Ashley - every other ****** in the world is rioting, protesting, looting, burning and killing, and there he is, milking de bredrin and taking money off the fcking Beeb on the back of it.

Cha-fcking-ching, you old white guys.
Gosh,

Now over 15,000 complaints. Chuffed to bits.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Only 24,500 complaints now.

Not bad.

Possibly unintuitively, I agree that Ofcom made the correct decision; the artistic freedom which we want for everyone is what allowed these clowns to perform their repellent routine.

Whether it was worthwhile is another matter; the television show on which it appeared is ugly trash, as is pretty well all of the same type of 'entertainment'. The answer is to give the troupe no more work where anyone with discretion is likely to be watching, but of course much of the population is conditioned to be a dull, glazed-eye audience to anything at all which appears on their screens, so the producers will carry on providing the pap. There is an 'off' switch, but it won't be used while the dullards have difficulty in separating themselves from their comfy settee and takeaway pizza.

Well they've finally done it. The Colston Hall is no more. As a teenager living in Brissle in the 70's and 80's, I saw some classic bands there and have many good memories. It will always be the Colston Hall to me.
One other thing that boils my piss when the media mention the name of Edward Colston is this:
Colston Hall, a large music venue named after slave trader Edward Colston, has been renamed as Bristol Beacon.
Edward Colston made most of his money dealing in comodoties other than slaves and he was also a money lender. Whilst he did get involved in the slave trade (name me a ship owner in Bristol who didn't at the time) he made his money from varied sources. He was also an extremely generous benefactor to the poor of the city, which is never mentioned in articles about him.
Anyway rant over. I will always have the memory of a long haired headbanger, with his head stuck in an enourmous bucket speaker during a Motorhead concert!
That was at the COLSTON Hall.

It's been mentioned before but not enough, especially from politicians. Though what can we expect when the leader of the opposition kneels again, totally inappropriately? What should be shoved in those ignoramus's face is a few historical facts. Namely the slave trade, in Africa, couldn't have been carried out without, surprise, surprise YOUR fellow BLACKS, because whitey hadn't got around to venturing further inland. So take your BLM protest, against the injustices of slavery, to the descendants of the coastal Africans, and see how much attention they pay to you!

Politicians need to give some people a good boot up the backside. Take that person who's on a Rhodes scholarship, wanting the statue of Rhodes removed. Never mind what the Rhodes people say, kick him out. Make him stand by his principles, whether he likes it or not. Charge him for any monies already spent on his "education," with it going instead to someone who'll appreciate it.

I have no trouble with people protesting, as long as they do so in a peaceful manner, do not disrupt the lives of others going about their business, or cause any criminal damage. Break any of the aforementioned, and quite frankly I don't give a monkeys about you, regardless of what you're protesting about/against.

In_Twists

Old-Salt
I have no trouble with people protesting, as long as they do so in a peaceful manner, do not disrupt the lives of others going about their business, or cause any criminal damage. Break any of the aforementioned, and quite frankly I don't give a monkeys about you, regardless of what you're protesting about/against.

The trouble is, right, somethings the Govt get up to are downright scandalous.
We as a people are supposed to be represented by our MPs who will go to Westminster and put our displeasure across. Except they dont.
So what are the people to do?
Yeah having your journey to work disrupted is a nause and suchlike, but IMHO, thats fine if it makes the Govt take notice. Except they dont.
This smacks of a ruling body totally impervious to the voice of the people they claim to be working for.
To make them take notice, journeys would need to be disrupted, utilities disrupted, and such widespread hassle by an organised and properly led group, that the Govt has to take notice.

But as long as theres Facebook etc, Netflix and BGT; organisers are on a hiding to nothing.

The trouble is, right, somethings the Govt get up to are downright scandalous.We as a people are supposed to be represented by our MPs who will go to Westminster and put our displeasure across. Except they dont.So what are the people to do?
Yeah having your journey to work disrupted is a nause and suchlike, but IMHO, thats fine if it makes the Govt take notice. Except they dont.
This smacks of a ruling body totally impervious to the voice of the people they claim to be working for.
To make them take notice, journeys would need to be disrupted, utilities disrupted, and such widespread hassle by an organised and properly led group, that the Govt has to take notice.

But as long as theres Facebook etc, Netflix and BGT; organisers are on a hiding to nothing.

I agree with your first sentence, nothing new there since the mists of time. My block, we do. Every 5 years, or when they get caught with their trousers* round their ankles, dipping too far into the trough, or other misdemeanour Joe public disapproves of, bye. After my block and that looks a bit like anarchy to me. Is this what you mean/intend the way ahead should be?

*Other apparel is available.

In_Twists

Old-Salt
that looks a bit like anarchy to me. Is this what you mean/intend the way ahead should be?

Honestly? I dont know.
The rational law abiding military man in me says "Hell no".
But day after day after week after year...same shit. Same story: the rich and politicians sticking it to the working man.
Deciding who to jail and for how long, regardless of crime or appeal.
What is or isnt an offence, regardless of popular opinion.
Where in the country is important and where isnt.
Where to make cuts....

ad infinitum

And all to the detriment of the greater population.Successive govts have had years to make the differences the country needs, but they 'aint. So WTF, hmm?

But my politics for years have been right of centre, so even I dont know what this makes me.

syrup

LE
Uncle Ben's rice has gone from shelves
It's now called Ben's after BLM targeted it
Apparently Uncle was a word used to describe older slaves
Also they took offence at the picture of an older black man in a white shirt and bowtie which indicated servitude.

I'm sure the woke brigade will be along shortly to tell them that a black man miss appropriating an Asian meal to sell to whitey is wrong a=on so many levels

Also they took offence at the picture of an older black man in a white shirt and bowtie which indicated servitude.

I'm sure the woke brigade will be along shortly to tell them that a black man miss appropriating an Asian meal to sell to whitey is wrong a=on so many levels

It's already more expensive than better brands.. it'll be no hardship to boycott it :)

Arent you the bloke dripping on the Harry and Megan thread? If you want to see an example of people that are outraged due to what the media are dictating, try looking in a mirror.

syrup

LE
Arent you the bloke dripping on the Harry and Megan thread? If you want to see an example of people that are outraged due to what the media are dictating, try looking in a mirror.

I wouldn't call it dripping I think I've posted one media link hardly outraged by the media.
Anyway nobody forces you to read it.

Last edited:
The trouble is, right, somethings the Govt get up to are downright scandalous.
We as a people are supposed to be represented by our MPs who will go to Westminster and put our displeasure across. Except they dont.
So what are the people to do?

Are you feeling comfortable enough to start some low-level rabble-rousing after only a couple of months and a few posts?

Some of your fellow socks have had accounts dormant for years and not raised so much as a squeak,

Latest Threads