Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must fall to make us forget slavery?

Remember Headley Court...? Now Seacole Rehabilitation Centre:

The set up that delivered the food and medicine to those who were shielding was a worthwhile and essential undertaking. I think they missed a trick by not calling it Project Seacole or something.

Tyk

LE
The whole Seacole saga is a lovely bit of historical revisionism.

Not sure if this link has been posted previously, but here's a bit about Slavery, the Empire and what the RN did to deal with slavery.

Drachinifel is a well regarded historian who does put a lot of research in before he publishes his video's.

Statue of Mary Seacole outside St Thomas hospital, but she had nothing to do with the place, and contributed nothing to medicine or nursing except making cheese toasties.
Mary_Seacole_statue,_St_Thomas'_Hospital,_front_view.jpg

Racist flags everywhere you look

The whole Seacole saga is a lovely bit of historical revisionism.

Not sure if this link has been posted previously, but here's a bit about Slavery, the Empire and what the RN did to deal with slavery.

Drachinifel is a well regarded historian who does put a lot of research in before he publishes his video's.

Outstanding and very informative. Many thanks for posting that video.

Racist flags everywhere you look

From the article:

The couple wrote in a July 20 post on The Nordic Pineapple’s Facebook page: “We love being members of the St Johns community and are heartbroken to have had to make this decision. Given the current cultural climate and the idea that people are judging us based on the misconception of the national Norwegian flag vs. the Confederate flag, this is what is best for our family and our Inn.”

The couple, who has two Black children, said they are have done their best to help their children navigate racism in America and the aftermath of George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis.

This will continue until there is a collective wake up call that it is not what it purport's to be and that a lot of well meaning individuals across the spectrum are being used for nefarious, totalitarian political aims, where every citizen effectively becomes a slave. Where are the masters? Other than modern slavery which BLM seem to have zero interest in? Perhaps they will be content in workhouses (physical or virtual) run by the PLC (China) the Kremlin and Iran?

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
2018 Glasgow University studies exactly how much they benefited from slavery and find it hard to quantify

2019 Glasgow University sets up join venture with University of West Indies to put money back into the region where they benefited from.

They were still hanging/burning witches during the time of slave trading:

I demand reparations - as one of these so called witches might or might not have been one of my ancestors.

I now feel oppressed as a white guy who's ancestors were probably burned at the stake. Also when the Romans/Vikings/Dutch/French etc, invaded UK - when are these lot going to own up to their past and give us all some cash. I also feel oppressed because Pirates from the middle east and north Africa used to routinely enslave people of UK/Ireland - when are these lot going to give me some money to make me feel better.

Hang on a minute - lets pretend none of that happened and only blacks can be victims - that suits the narrative better.

2018 Glasgow University studies exactly how much they benefited from slavery and find it hard to quantify

2019 Glasgow University sets up join venture with University of West Indies to put money back into the region where they benefited from.

" Donations to the 1866-1880 campaign to build the university's current campus at Gilmorehill found 23 people who gave money had some financial links to the New World slave trade. "

From a trade that was made illegal in 1806* and actively suppressed since that date by the Royal Navy.... That is such obvious bullshit. Glasgow Uni obviously not the place to send your children.

*Edited with date info so this finally makes sense..

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Issi

War Hero
I fail to understand why that American/Norwegian couple didn't release a statement stating-
"its a Norwegian flag, and we are NOT taking it down."

syrup

LE

They also have plenty if property named after the Duke of Cumberland and gave him honorary degrees after Culloden in 1746.
Mind the people he beat where white and probably ginger so no need for any revisionist crap from the university to alter history or.take a knee for them.

Last edited:

Mattb

LE
" Donations to the 1866-1880 campaign to build the university's current campus at Gilmorehill found 23 people who gave money had some financial links to the New World slave trade. "

From a trade that was made illegal and actively suppressed since that date by the Royal Navy.... That is such obvious bullshit. Glasgow Uni obviously not the place to send your children.
It's perfectly possible for someone alive in 1866 to have directly profited from slavery, given that it was right after the end of its abolition in the US.
Trickier for them to have directly profited from the Altantic trade specifically, but not impossible.

I fail to understand why that American/Norwegian couple didn't release a statement stating-
"its a Norwegian flag, and we are NOT taking it down."
Because they didnt want an angry mob of bellends putting their windows through?

Latest Threads