What Music Are You Listening To?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Never figured you to be a techno fan.

Mate......

R.0669f944e6adc24fcbeb33fcd1c4350d

This is what you get for listening to 'It's All Gone A Bit' Pete Tong on a Friday night.

I was just a techno-curious lad with bad backstory of Prog Rock back then....start of my long slow downfall.

First it was a cassette of Reactivate 10 - 'Iceman on the Beach' by Pan & Trex anyone ? - then, before I know it I'm figuring the odds on a 40 something old guy attending ' Escape To Samsara ' and buying glow-in-the- dark banana Tees and boning up on the dark history of MDMA...... < shudder >

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
Mate......

R.0669f944e6adc24fcbeb33fcd1c4350d

This is what you get for listening to 'It's All Gone A Bit' Pete Tong on a Friday night.

I was just a techno-curious lad with bad backstory of Prog Rock back then....start of my long slow downfall.

First it was a cassette of Reactivate 10 - 'Iceman on the Beach' by Pan & Trex anyone ? - then, before I know it I'm figuring the odds on a 40 something old guy attending ' Escape To Samasara ' and buying glow-in-the- dark banana Tees and boning up on the dark history of MDMA...... >shudder>
Jeff Mills and Sven Vath did it for me.
Saw Sven at The Orbit in Moreley (Leeds) and then went on to the after party where he played for another 5 hours in someones basement.
It was fecking awesome.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
:cool:

This piece of fabulousness,from Texas y'all:

The guy in the black shirt is Joe Ely....barely known over here, huge over yonder.

The lil blonde on harmonica is some gal called Sheryl Crow.

The older redhead on slide guitar giving the camera her death-stare at 02:11 is Bonnie Rait

For Badgerman and the boys at The Hacienda.
Superb. Some real heavyweight musicians, there.
A one-off, or is there anymore?

Daz

LE

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The 70s Rock Jukebox on Now 70s.

Respect to AC/DC for having the balls to learn the bagpipes and bring in a pipe band to do It's A Long Way To The Top (if you wanna rock and roll).

Promptly followed by Kiss, I Was Made For Living You.

Update. The Fragrant rock chick Zero Alpha returned from her ten miles marathon training session. I went to get the paper. Found myself yomping the whole way with It's A Long Way To The Top (if you, etc) booming in my head.

Now Zero Alpha, despite being born in Paisley, considers bagpipes to be the spawn of the devil. Whilst cooking lunch, I told her. Alexa, play It's A Long Way etc.

End of music, Zero Alpha, Alexa, add It's A Long Way etc to play list Zero Alpha

Last edited:

Daz

LE

Daz

LE

TamH70

MIA
LIstening to this:

Great song. Pity it's in a shit movie.

Daz

LE

I must admit to only hearing that track for the first time a few days ago when driving, but it was on the radio today again and I managed to shazam it. It's such a fantastic track, they all sound as if they're having a blast, I shall explore his music more.

A big thank you to Radio Caroline on the interweb for broadening an aging mind with so many fantastic tracks never before heard...

JB
Aaah, amazing … Radio’s Caroline and Luxembourg, inculcated an eclectic appreciation of music for a teenage me in the mid-60s!

Hopefully, this’ll be “Matt The Cat’s Clyde McPhatter” … well, I guess not, but it’ll do …​

Aaah, amazing … Radio’s Caroline and Luxembourg, inculcated an eclectic appreciation of music for a teenage me in the mid-60s!

Doing the same for me as I approach my 60s, Radio Caroline bills itself as the worlds only album station. I get to hear lots of classics, but also hear a lot of music I've never been exposed to, Funky Mama by Danny Grafton being the perfect example...

JB

Latest Threads