What Music Are You Listening To?

An absolute fecking classic. Even if much of his other music's rubbish, he deserves a place in the proverbial hall of fame for Season of the Witch alone.

Alan Hawkshaw, from the KPM library. Ought to be featured in some late 60s film with mini skirts and loon pants.

An absolute fecking classic. Even if much of his other music's rubbish, he deserves a place in the proverbial hall of fame for Season of the Witch alone.
I put this up because I re-listened to it the other day as part of my commuting CD review, and mine was the Brian Auger and Julie Driscoll take.
I couldn’t find their version on the web.
In one week I played about 8 times.
Around Brian Auger‘s other stuff.

Downloaded some of their stuff today.....really like this one......

must be one of my all time favourites
They were on the OGWT the night my son decided to arrive, with Hendrix, and the Who
Was thirty years until I saw the whole show( little shit is now 45)
They were playing Dixie Chicken that night, one of my all time favourites

Last edited:
Craig Charles brought me here

morsk

LE
must be one of my all time favourites
They were on the OGWT the night my son decided to arrive, with Hendrix, and the Who
Was thirty years until I saw the whole show( little shit is now 45)
They were playing Dixie Chicken that night, one of my all time favourites
Lowell George was a genius. Waiting for Columbus is a great live album, and Tower of Power horn section give it that extra dimension that still blows me away. Dixie Chicken tells such a fantastic story, and that horn arrangement on Columbus....... Wow! The tracks they did with Emmylou on OGWT are amazing too! My dad told me very matter of a factly how he met Bill Payne at a party and smoked joints with him in the 70s. Cool cat my Dad (well, stepdad to be accurate)

Kirkz

LE
Craig Charles brought me here

I saw Craig Charles live at a free gig in Preston about 3 years ago, I enjoyed his set so much I went to see him again a few months later at his regular night in Manchester.
I've downloaded several tracks he's intoduced me too including this one.

I saw Craig Charles live at a free gig in Preston about 3 years ago, I enjoyed his set so much I went to see him again a few months later at his regular night in Manchester.
I've downloaded several tracks he's intoduced me too including this one.

His R6Music Funk and Soul show on Sat night is my go to listening whilst I'm in the kitchen. So much stuff I hear there that I've never heard before. All top chunes (apart when due to 6Music policy, like all other shows he has to play some freeform jazz)

morsk

LE
His R6Music Funk and Soul show on Sat night is my go to listening whilst I'm in the kitchen. So much stuff I hear there that I've never heard before. All top chunes (apart when due to 6Music policy, like all other shows he has to play some freeform jazz)
5 guys all playing different tunes at different speeds? Where's the joy in that? To quote the late and very great Tony Wilson "Jazz is the last refuge of the untalented. Jazz musicians enjoy themselves more than anyone listening to them does"