Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Music Are You Listening To?

Kirkz

LE
Ooooooh. This is a great tune! Totally passed me by. Loving it. Cheers Kirkz!
Heard it on a mix CD a while back and while I was away on me holibobs I was perusing the bay of fleas and spotted a double 12 inch promo of it so pounced on it like the proverbial tramp on chips as the Lexicon Ave remix isn't readily available and the other mixes just don't have that deep funky feel that that does.

morsk

LE
Heard it on a mix CD a while back and while I was away on me holibobs I was perusing the bay of fleas and spotted a double 12 inch promo of it so pounced on it like the proverbial tramp on chips as the Lexicon Ave remix isn't readily available and the other mixes just don't have that deep funky feel that that does.
It is a very cool mix!

Kirkz

LE
It is a very cool mix!
It is, Sir.
This is the mix CD I heard it on, came free with Ministry magazine Nov 2001.
Worth a listen when you have the time, Mukker.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
As George Michael allegedly said << Listen Without Prejudice>>

( good vocal cover of a Rammstein epic)

Carbon 6

War Hero

Give me a few pints and I'll listen to Anne Briggs all night. It's hard to believe that she'll be 76 years old next week.
I don't know if there's any truth to it, but Richard Thompson's beautiful song, Beeswing, was reputed to be written about Anne.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

I interviewed her very briefly for my local rag, back in the day....lovely lady.

pc flaps

Old-Salt

Give me a few pints and I'll listen to Anne Briggs all night. It's hard to believe that she'll be 76 years old next week.
I don't know if there's any truth to it, but Richard Thompson's beautiful song, Beeswing, was reputed to be written about Anne.

As a pure voice, rivalled only by Sandy Denny

This is probably too long for this thread, but it give a great insight to the folk scene in Britain in the sixties. Ann does a nice rendition of 'Go your own way', but it's sad to see that her beauty has faded.

Only had time to watch 10 minutes of that, but it looks informative.
I'll watch the rest of it this afternoon

Working from home today - BBC R6Music on in the background. Happy days

Latest Threads