What Music Are You Listening To?

It has taken me over two decades to finally figure out who played this song, as I always came across this in the middle of prolonged guitar solos, and the DJ would never say who the artist was after the seemingly endless song.

Carbon 6

War Hero

A few years ago I wás driving when this came on the radio. Good song, I thought and then the guitar solo started. I wondered, 'who the actual fcuk is playing this solo, it's brilliant'! I swerved to the side of the road and parked, in case I missed who the artist and especially the guitarist was.

Trombone Shorty, featuring Jeff Beck on guitar.

Mental kick up the arse; of course it's Beck, no one else plays like that!

Last edited:

Carbon 6

War Hero

It's not the usual fare for this thread, but there should be a dedication to Julian Bream, my favourite classical guitarist, who has just left us. I had the pleasure of seeing him at his peak in the 1970s.

Ciggie

GCM

It's not the usual fare for this thread, but there should be a dedication to Julian Bream, my favourite classical guitarist, who has just left us. I had the pleasure of seeing him at his peak in the 1970s.
An excellent chap. Good plucker too ;) RIP.

Ciggie

GCM
You caught me in my tracks...this is a fair example of his guitar brilliance...shine on you almost Spanish diamond ...

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Cavuman

Swinger
Ciggie - excellent post! Maestro Bream's guitar expertise remains unparalleled. 55 years ago I was in an upscale boarding school; my roommate, whose father was the President of Coca-Cola Export Corp. (twice the size of Coca-Cola U.S.A.) was a wonderful human and beloved friend. He was raised in Mexico City and was equally facile in English, Spanish, and guitar.

Guillermo was an expert in so many things. He had a Martin D-18 Dreadnought acoustic and a Gibson Firebird electric. He taught me Flamenco and G-l-o-r-i-a (E. D, A, repeat) and alot of other stuff that I got pretty good at and charmed a lady or two along the way. Okay. thirty-eleven. More than charmed.

I wish I had taken the time to have trained my fingers to dance across a fretboard with such rapidity, accuracy, and delicacy. And truth. I did not.

Yet the listening is a pleasure without compare! Wonderment. Jealousy. Amazement. Irreproduceable.

- Ed

For the sheer utter cheddar - cheesiness of such proportions that even the french are speechless and eagerly taking notes:

I quite like it!