Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Music Are You Listening To?

It has taken me over two decades to finally figure out who played this song, as I always came across this in the middle of prolonged guitar solos, and the DJ would never say who the artist was after the seemingly endless song.

Carbon 6

War Hero

A few years ago I wás driving when this came on the radio. Good song, I thought and then the guitar solo started. I wondered, 'who the actual fcuk is playing this solo, it's brilliant'! I swerved to the side of the road and parked, in case I missed who the artist and especially the guitarist was.

Trombone Shorty, featuring Jeff Beck on guitar.

Mental kick up the arse; of course it's Beck, no one else plays like that!

Last edited:

Carbon 6

War Hero

It's not the usual fare for this thread, but there should be a dedication to Julian Bream, my favourite classical guitarist, who has just left us. I had the pleasure of seeing him at his peak in the 1970s.

Ciggie

GCM

It's not the usual fare for this thread, but there should be a dedication to Julian Bream, my favourite classical guitarist, who has just left us. I had the pleasure of seeing him at his peak in the 1970s.
An excellent chap. Good plucker too ;) RIP.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Cavuman

Swinger
Ciggie - excellent post! Maestro Bream's guitar expertise remains unparalleled. 55 years ago I was in an upscale boarding school; my roommate, whose father was the President of Coca-Cola Export Corp. (twice the size of Coca-Cola U.S.A.) was a wonderful human and beloved friend. He was raised in Mexico City and was equally facile in English, Spanish, and guitar.

Guillermo was an expert in so many things. He had a Martin D-18 Dreadnought acoustic and a Gibson Firebird electric. He taught me Flamenco and G-l-o-r-i-a (E. D, A, repeat) and alot of other stuff that I got pretty good at and charmed a lady or two along the way. Okay. thirty-eleven. More than charmed.

I wish I had taken the time to have trained my fingers to dance across a fretboard with such rapidity, accuracy, and delicacy. And truth. I did not.

Yet the listening is a pleasure without compare! Wonderment. Jealousy. Amazement. Irreproduceable.

- Ed

For the sheer utter cheddar - cheesiness of such proportions that even the french are speechless and eagerly taking notes:

I quite like it!