Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Music Are You Listening To?

historicus

Clanker

Oh yes - fantastic choice. I remember going to see Kristin Hersh when she was touring Hips and Makers around 1994. It was by far the best gig I have ever seen. She looked stunning and the music was utterly hypnotic; just her and a cellist on stage but there was a hushed awe in the audience. I've never felt anything like it at a gig before or since.

By the way - kudos to everyone posting in this thread over the past couple of days - some fantastic music being put up. Even better a lot of it is new to me and broadening my horizons. Thanks everyone!

Oh yes - fantastic choice. I remember going to see Kristin Hersh when she was touring Hips and Makers around 1994. It was by far the best gig I have ever seen. She looked stunning and the music was utterly hypnotic; just her and a cellist on stage but there was a hushed awe in the audience. I've never felt anything like it at a gig before or since.

By the way - kudos to everyone posting in this thread over the past couple of days - some fantastic music being put up. Even better a lot of it is new to me and broadening my horizons. Thanks everyone!
That is exactly what I love about this thread, there's always something being posted that is new to me.
I have been introduced to some wonderful music, which is made easier by having an open mind and being receptive to all genres of music.
I don't condemn anything on the grounds of "I don't like rap, soul or pop etc"
I listen to everything and if I like it, I like it

morsk

LE
That is exactly what I love about this thread, there's always something being posted that is new to me.
I have been introduced to some wonderful music, which is made easier by having an open mind and being receptive to all genres of music.
I don't condemn anything on the grounds of "I don't like rap, soul or pop etc"
I listen to everything and if I like it, I like it
Apart from 'happy hardcore'. That IS shoyte.

historicus

Clanker
A little known US college rock band who only produced one album. Also significant as the band brought together Adam Duritz and David Immergluck who were later to find fame with the superb (IMO) Counting Crows

historicus

Clanker
And for anyone that is a Counting Crows fan and hasn't encountered Adam Duritz's other precursor band The Himalayans. This is a really excellent and different version of Round Here that appeared in a later guise on Counting Crows seminal August and Everything After

historicus

Clanker
Some of the most poetic lyrics ever committed to a recording

"If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts" and
"The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings".. the man's a lyrical genius IMHO

Latest Threads