What Music Are You Listening To?

morsk

LE
Ooh err missus
No, that is pretty much what I meant. ..... I dated a pro ballerina once. Mental is not the word. Cheap dinner date - tissues dipped in OJ etc, but, she was sooooo flexible. And strong as ten men.

I LOVE ballerinas
The first time I saw Captain Beefheart, we were all sat expectantly in Newcastle City Hall.
The stage lights went off, came back on a few seconds later and there on stage was a ballerina who did her stuff for a minute or so. Lights went off again, and when they came back on she had been replaced by a belly dancer. Lights went off a couple of minutes later. The whole audience was baffled as Beefheart had yet to put in an appearance.
When the lights came back on this time the band were eventually onstage, and launched into "Electricity"
This remains the best stage performance I have ever seen

The first time I saw Captain Beefheart, we were all sat expectantly in Newcastle City Hall.
The stage lights went off, came back on a few seconds later and there on stage was a ballerina who did her stuff for a minute or so. Lights went off again, and when they came back on she had been replaced by a belly dancer. Lights went off a couple of minutes later. The whole audience was baffled as Beefheart had yet to put in an appearance.
When the lights came back on this time the band were eventually onstage, and launched into "Electricity"
Poor audio quality and no video but there's an account by the poster, on the YT page, of what you saw before the band appeared.

Last edited:

morsk

LE
Nice man! I would have loved to have seen Beefheart. Proper nutter in that way only geniuses can be.

Grobnob

Swinger
Interesting story - Captain Beefheart were actually named after Don Vliet's uncle's Alan's bell end. Apparently he had a habit of whipping his old chap out, give it a squeeze and remark that it looked like a Beefheart.
0001131-beef-heart-3-6-lbs.jpg

Interesting story - Captain Beefheart were actually named after Don Vliet's uncle's Alan's bell end. Apparently he had a habit of whipping his old chap out, give it a squeeze and remark that it looked like a Beefheart.
View attachment 485726
This was Frank Zappa's explanation of the origin of the Beefheart name.
Don himself later in his career claimed that it was all to do with "the beef that he had in his heart against the world and its attendant evils "
This is taken from Captain Beefheart the Biography by Mike Barnes, page 18.
In reality the truth could be anything, as they all took copious amounts of hallucinogens at the time.
"Beefheart : Through The Eyes of Magic" by John "Drumbo" French is also an excellent and informative read

Poppy

LE
Barbara Lynn

chttps://youtu.be/U6Y7sEO7Low

Doing some random surfing through YouTube last night and came across this little gem by accident.

Neil Young featuring on an R.E.M. Gig for the song Country Feedback. I dont know what instrument Neil Young is playing, but by fcuk can he play it.

Blown away just doesn't cut it.

Doing some random surfing through YouTube last night and came across this little gem by accident.

Neil Young featuring on an R.E.M. Gig for the song Country Feedback. I dont know what instrument Neil Young is playing, but by fcuk can he play it.

It's a guitar is it not? Albeit a particularly fancy one

Kirkz

LE

Definitely one of my top 10 favourite songs:

Latest Threads