What Music Are You Listening To?

morsk

LE
What a voice this girl has. Got into her (fnar fnar) years ago, but only just seen what she looked like. Better years ago I imagine, but wernt they all?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Bit of an odd question and not sure where to post it
I am running a charity event, and want to play some tracks from you tube that I have downloaded, plus from my CD collection, mainly older music pre 70s
the music will be played through the artwork as part of the event, does I get snagged for the performing rights society ?
it will be on my own property to entertain young children and raise money for charity, I may also run the music through some voice changing software as its going to come from a very old robot to make it sound a bit old and wanky
Ian Dury will probably be the newest track

morsk

LE
I am running a charity event, and want to play some tracks from you tube that I have downloaded, plus from my CD collection, mainly older music pre 70s
the music will be played through the artwork as part of the event, does I get snagged for the performing rights society ?
it will be on my own property to entertain young children and raise money for charity, I may also run the music through some voice changing software as its going to come from a very old robot to make it sound a bit old and wanky
Ooooooh good question.

Now, I am in no way clued up on legalities, but, I wouldn't bother personally. It is your house and your music collection for one, you are not making any money from it at all, it is for kids and therefore not entertainment for entertainments sake, it will be changed a fair amount (the robot thing, if I understand correctly). I think that the chances, these days, of someone asking if you have a licence are soooooooo slim, its not worth worrying about, and what judge will award against you for a kids charidee event?

If I was the judge, I would be more impressed that you were introducing kids to Ian Dury, to be honest.......

Kirkz

LE
Have a look here...
Non PPL & Non PRS Music FAQ - Royalty Free & Copyright Free Music

morsk

LE

Latest Threads