What Music Are You Listening To?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
and today:

Can’t post phot. Right now, BB King “Live at Cook County Jail” and “To Know You is to Love You” on a cheapo CD bought from a charity shop. I wasn‘t posting a link, anyhow.
”Live at Cook County Jail“ is great in itself.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can’t post phot. Right now, BB King “Live at Cook County Jail” and “To Know You is to Love You” on a cheapo CD bought from a charity shop. I wasn‘t posting a link, anyhow.
”Live at Cook County Jail“ is great in itself.
Now that you remind me

( saw a production of this live on The Strand back in the day...phenomenal)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
A blast from my dim and distant yoof, still gigging :

I hear this, and all of a sudden I'm 21 again, drunk, and staring at how callipygian the blonde barmaid is after I've had my 10th beer.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Gun - that video is s-o-o-o-o 80's, sub Lynne Frederick choreography :) - and I thought 'THAT's not Patti Smith - THIS is Patti Smith !' - and then I checked the spelling

Check out her version of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' - a song for our times: ' I feel stupid - and CONTAGIOUS ' :cool:

Last edited:

FHA

LE
A 'topical' Neil Diamond looking rough but still sounding good. I thought his guitar was on fire!

Looking rough? He’s 79!
He’s still got that tone: sing a single note, you know it’s him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlrg

LE
Looking rough? He’s 79!
He’s still got that tone: sing a single note, you know it’s him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A (admittedly pathetic) play on words - 'Rough Diamond`

One of the best voices in the music industry.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the Neil Diamond clip - good guy.

I'm listening to these two bonkers maniacs :

( Love Jake's standard overbite at 3:45 ;-D - he is an amazing virtuoso in his own right, such an unselfish performance here)

If there are better players out there than these two, I haven't yet found them so please post.

Chunky but Funky?

The best country song i have heard in years!
There are some great new country singers around at the moment - my current favourite is Jennifer Nettles... stunning voice and easy on the eyes as a bonus.

I was also rather taken with the Dixie Chick's version of Stevie Nicks's Landslide...

If you like this sort of modern country have a listen here... accuradio.com

Edited add that am not referring to "new" singers, Jennifer Nettles and the Dixie Chicks have been around for quite a while, but some great singers in the "new" country genre... Glad that's sorted out then...

Last edited: