What Music Are You Listening To?

Whining Civvy

Old-Salt
Greta Van Fleet, reminds me of whatsisname, you know who I mean:

Ciggie

GCM
Lord Upminster did have a bit of bother after this was released...today he'd have snowflakes screaming for his head...... when I look at the motley crew of failed circus clowns on the mtro and in the street daily, I can't help imagining them singing the refrain ?I'm spasticus... I'm spasticus... not for quite the same reasons as Mr Dury meant...

pinback2001

War Hero
Lord Upminster did have a bit of bother after this was released...today he'd have snowflakes screaming for his head...... when I look at the motley crew of failed circus clowns on the mtro and in the street daily, I can't help imagining them singing the refrain ?I'm spasticus... I'm spasticus... not for quite the same reasons as Mr Dury meant...

Ian Dury, sadly missed

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Pink Floyd Live in Pompeii. Sky Arts.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The audience look bored stiff.
Apparently Gilmour did a gig with audience there a couple of years ago. I think it might have been the mayor of Naples told him, I've seen you here before. He'd been a young kid skulking in the background in 1971.

I also remember when music videos caught on, PFLIP was steadfastly no 1 best-selling video throughout the 90s.

Edit. Apparently I was a year out. Not 72. ©1971.

Last edited:
Just discovered The Black Keys. Outstanding music.

The wonderful Viv Stanshall!

As an aside the you tube poster must have been a Captain Beefheart fan as his avatar at top left is the cover of Trout Mask replica
One evening in 1971-2, I was having a quietish drink in the Smack, Leigh-on-Sea, with my friend and the 2 brothers we used to pit-crew for in Clubman's Formula. At the other side of the bar another group of blokes were having a riotous piss-up. One guy in particular was centre of attention and had the others in fits.
"Who's that?" said I
"Oh, that's Splinge, he's a noisy bugger, always has been" said the elder brother, who had been at school with him.
"Who?"
"Viv Stanshall, Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, Urban Spaceman."
My music span then was Who, Hendrix and recently Tull, so a 'comedy record' didn't really do it for me. It was only later that I appreciated his stuff.

pinback2001

War Hero
Try this. Not sure if it should be posted here or in the " music to cut your wrists to" thread

Latest Threads