What Music Are You Listening To?

eh?. Oh. Yeah, sorry. I'm an idiot.

It's nearly closing time. They'll all be out soon.

I've got some food tonight.
Don't have to worry about fuzzy-wuzzies invading my hut and chopping me up.
I lie easy in my bed because bad men get paid to take no shit.
I even have entertainment. Well, if that is what you call arrse...
I'm comfortable, even though I know something isn't quite right.

Down where the drunkards roll...

(shit my pizza's on fire - ****!)
Richard Thompson is England's greatest modern-day songwriter, by far.

There are more Talking Heads Documentaries out there than there are stars in the universe, or grains of sands on the beach, or something...

talking heads documentary - Google Search

A couple of them are quite good. It was an interesting trajectory. They got me out of heavy metal and in to 'African Music' and suppled me up for the onslaught that was 'techno'. Whatevs. Just another rock 'n' roll refugee. Ooh mah, set me free...

Incredible band and musicians. So very white. But yet, so very black. Perfect fusion.

Richard Thompson is England's greatest modern-day songwriter, by far.
He's not to everyone's taste. But I hold a special envy for him. To play guitar like that. Only a really good guitarist would know how good he is. He's not called a 'guitarist's guitarist' for nothing. And then to write songs like that? He's not called a 'songwriter's songwriter' for nothing.

Then he does both, at the same time. With style.

The word 'genius' is overplayed. But there is no doubt Thompson is a master of his craft. He earned that.

That beret though!

Surely we can do him for some kind of Walting? Cunt.

;-)

This is one of my favourite Talking Heads songs:

See they did an update to it, the video whores they are (can I say that?):

They just will not let it lie.

Talking Heads have probably done more for race relations than any other band alive.

But never mind the virtue signalling, feel the music! :)

I've overstayed my welcome, I know. But I remember John Peel playing this at Glastonbury before the Sawdoctors or somebody came on. The PA was pretty loud. I'd only heard it vaguely before, but at full blast, when I was settings phasers to full blast, it kind of hit home. AKA what a fucking buzz!

I saw Tom a few years later in some documentaries on TV and it was obvious by how pinned his eyes were that he had got a bad taste for the milk of the poppy and that he had no one to bring him back from that.

Fast forward a few years.

It's lonely at the top. So they say.

I wouldn't know. Down where the drunkards roll...

The Cure's first TV performance in '79 - in the days when Robert Smith actually played the guitar rather than using it as a prop while looking like a dishevelled aunt with lipstick smeared all over his face...... the weirdo...

Recently rediscovered John Prine:

makes it all a bit dusty.

And for a bit of light:

Strongly recommend further listening. It's worth the effort.

spins

Seeing reports that the brilliant Mark Hollis of Talk Talk has died.
If you don't know his stuff checkout Talk Talk at Montreux from 86.
RIP Mark
Indeed. Talk Talk made some stuff (around their third/fourth albums) that was truly odd, and very interesting. If Stuart Maconie on the Freak Zone doesn’t play some this weekend I will be surprised.

Seeing reports that the brilliant Mark Hollis of Talk Talk has died.
If you don't know his stuff checkout Talk Talk at Montreux from 86.
RIP Mark
This.

Or the London 1986 live album.
The way Mirror Man morphs into Does Caroline Know. Gives me goosebumps just thinking of that version.
Loved their later organic, more acoustic stuff but loved their earlier electronic stuff just as much.
Good call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Scrounge time. I’m looking for a copy of Puff Daddy (featuring Jimmy Page) ‘Come with me)
People of a certain age will remember it as Kashmir. There was a particularly decent version done on Saturday Night Live.
Not the music tv, charity one.
Ta

Latest Threads