What Music Are You Listening To?

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon.

edit

My version's got such a long fade-in to the start of the first track that it seems like it's not going to start playing. Is this common to all cuts of the album?
The ripped CD version I have on my laptop has about 6 seconds lead-in to Speak To Me before you can hear anything on headphones. One Immersion version on YouTube is the same, others start almost immediately, so may have been edited.

The ripped CD version I have on my laptop has about 6 seconds lead-in to Speak To Me before you can hear anything on headphones. One Immersion version on YouTube is the same, others start almost immediately, so may have been edited.
Thanks for that, bud. Appreciated.

I've got an original vinyl copy complete with inserts, I'll try and dig it out over the weekend and see what that has.
Thanks, you are a star. Keep meaning to buy a USB hookupable vinyl turntable but more games keep popping up that call on me to buy them.

Thanks, you are a star. Keep meaning to buy a USB hookupable vinyl turntable but more games keep popping up that call on me to buy them.
The ION ones are only £30 new, I've seen plenty on sale at car boot sales for £10 or less, all the other software for them should be available on line.
Eta - If not let me know and I'll copy mine for you.

The ION ones are only £30 new, I've seen plenty on sale at car boot sales for £10 or less, all the other software for them should be available on line.
Oooh, thanks for that. I like a bargain, me.

(-) GARY GLITTER – Rock And Roll (Part 2)
(-) LIEUTENANT PIGEON – Mouldy Old Dough
(-) ROBERTA FLACK – The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
(-) SLADE – Mama Weer All Crazee Now
(-) CHICORY TIP – Son Of My Father ®
(-) NILSSON – Without You (danced to by Pan’s People)
(-) CHUCK BERRY – My Ding-A-Ling (footage from Sounds For Saturday 22-7-72)
(-) MICHAEL JACKSON – Rockin’ Robin
(-) T-REX – Metal Guru
(-) RINGO STARR – Back Off Boogaloo (crowd dancing) (and credits)

Edit:
Oh yeah, never mind the glitter!

Edit 2:
That bloke from Slade has a bit to answer for as well if you ask me, seeing who he's courting in prison. Ooh argh!

Edit 3:
Chuck Berry? He hasn't come out of it shining either. Toilets. Cameras.

Edit 4:
Michael Jackson. Personally I think he was just misunderstood.

They were all at it weren't they? Then again the music was good.

Edit 5:
I can't believe this - it's like a pervert's convention! Rolf Harris is actually doing a drawing to Chuck Berry singing My Ding A Ling! 21:42.

You wouldn't be allowed to get away with that today.

And why are they all wearing Green? It's like a St.Paddy's day convention gone wrong.

And this was filmed on St. Herod's day too. Won't someone think of the children?

Up next: Michael Jackson!

Edit 6:
Why is it that Tony Blackburn looks like a child-murdering rapist, yet he is about the only one that hasn't been convicted of sexual offenses against children, in this whole video?

Edit 7:
The Jackson Five and little Michael Jackson were the stars of this show for real. What talent! What a voice! What dance moves! He put Gary Glitter to shame by wearing a hairstyle that looked like a syrup, but was actually real, while GG wore a hairstyle that (kind of) looked real, but was yet, a syrup!

Last edited:
But seriously folks...

If you want to immerse yourself in some of the best music ever made, played by some of the best musicians ever to grace a stage:

Hit it as 26:50 if you are wondering WTF these people are.

Baby...

Just ordered one of those ION turntables - at the price HMV were selling them at it was almost rude not to. Thirty quid reduced from sixty? I'll have some of that.

There were some used ones on Ebay, but most of those were collection only. In England.

Now to get some vinyl.

Just ordered one of those ION turntables - at the price HMV were selling them at it was almost rude not to. Thirty quid reduced from sixty? I'll have some of that.

There were some used ones on Ebay, but most of those were collection only. In England.

Now to get some vinyl.
Car boot sales and charity shops (NOT Oxfam, they ask HMV prices) are your friends!

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon.

edit

My version's got such a long fade-in to the start of the first track that it seems like it's not going to start playing. Is this common to all cuts of the album?
You're just not playing it loud enough.

I've got a bit of a 'thing' for Tarja Turunun these days. Partly because my wife likes her and partly because her voice (Tarja's, not my wife's) makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. While digging around in You Tube I came across this:

Nightwish just isn't the same without her.

Pink Floyd - "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" live album. What can I say? Post Waters, Gilmour's version of the band still kicks ass.

PS

Got ION turntable and some vinyl. Next step is to wire everything up and play.

I've just spent half the weekend working house refurbishment and the other half cooking and since there was no football commentary to listen to, I had 6Music on the radio.

Not every track played was brilliant but a fair few were. Must remember to listen more.

Sat 07:00-10:00 - Mary Anne Hobbs
Sat 10:00-13:00 - Huey Morgan
Sat 15:00-18:00 - Gilles Peterson (a bit too much avant garde jazz, but interesting though)
Sat 18:00-21:00 - Craig Charles

Sun 07:00-10:00 - Mary Anne Hobbs
Sun 10:00-13:00 - Cerys Matthews - Bonkers but pretty damn good