What music are you listening to today?

Minnesota_Viking said:
Just shuffling the feet to a few Northern soul tracks as usual.
Nice one with the Northern Soul tracks.

Well I'm picking up the tempo for the end of the day Ironh Maiden Best of the Beast!!

Chally

Just a few i've had on while working:

Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
Visions of Johanna - Bob Dylan
Geraldine - Glas Vegas
Sleazy Bed Track - The Bluetones
The Last of the Famous International Playboys - Morrisey

And playing now - Dogs by the Floyd.

Blackrat I think you may just have sent me in the direction for today's playlist. Bowie and The Floyd are sitting ready by the CD player already but I think that I will add The Smiths to that now.

Still the voices, I'm afraid. If only they weren't so damned cryptic and just said up front 'them all' are.

I actually quite like most of the people around me. I'll be very unhappy if it turns out it's them I have to kill, I can tell you!

Sat here in my wee office, 30 degrees outside (well it is 2310hrs here) listening to:

Placebo - Once more with feeling
&
Talking Heads - Gold
&
Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
&
The soundtrack of 2 Merician RSM prepping some bad lads for orders :twisted: .......sweet!

T

Tremaine

Whitesnake - Live in the Still of the Night DVD/CD Combo 2004 (very loud). Before going on, at the Hammy Odeon, London, they must all have decided to go out and play the music true to the studio versions of the songs. All of the tracks on Live In The Still Of The Night are done "true". The DVD opens with Coverdale's Deep Purple "Burn".
DC (wearing well) , Doug Aldrich (outstanding) Reb Beach, equally great, and good old Tommy Aldridge belting the drums and twirling his sticks., Marco Mendoza on Bass and someone on keyboards 8O . Not a Steve Vai in sight :wink:
Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach being much underrated shredders.
Takes me right back to poodle rock, Berlin 1989 Live, and some of the best live bands music ever. Also kids me into thinking I could still sh@g thirty year old rock chicks. :D :cry: :x fcuk

http://www.deep-purple.net/review-files/whitesnake-dvd/whitesnake-dvd.htm

Since the PRS started phoning up and demanding money we just have the white noise of a bead blaster, running water and an undersized compressor. I think Im going mad

chally2 said:
Blackrat I think you may just have sent me in the direction for today's playlist. Bowie and The Floyd are sitting ready by the CD player already but I think that I will add The Smiths to that now.

Cheers Chally. Here's a few more for you to add:

Don't look Back - Teenage Fanclub
Nowhere - Ride
Rock N Roll Suicide - David Bowie
Subterranean Homesick Alien - Radiohead
The Rolling Stones - The Last Time
Dark Therapy - Echobelly
Idiot Wind - Bob Dylan
I know it's Over - The Smiths
I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses
You Can Talk to Me - The Charlatans
Newborn - Muse
Brain Damage/Eclipse - Pink Floyd
In The Crowd - The Jam

Hope that helps you along mate!

We never fought for freedom
For nasty little brutes like you
To come undo the work we do
You bring shame on this country for true
Embarrassed by you
Embarrassed by you

You make your livin' by robbing from others
Pull up your hoodies, are you undercover?
A street full of looters playing it evil
Riding your scooters like Evel Knievel

Embarrassed by you
Embarrassed by you
Embarrassed by you

You have no morals, no sense of reason
You have no future, you have no freedom
Jabbin' and a-stabbin' and walkin' the line
Shame on the footprints you're livin' behind

Embarrassed by you
Embarrassed by you

3 weeks ago, a friend introduced me to a group called My Baby. They are are based in Amsterdam, they seem to be a rocky, folky, tribal mix of Floyd, Chemical Brothers and something else that I cannot put my finger on yet.
Great musicians and a very hot singer, I have been obsessed with them since hearing them and now have all their albums.
Perfect festival / BBQ music.

3 weeks ago, a friend introduced me to a group called My Baby. They are are based in Amsterdam, they seem to be a rocky, folky, tribal mix of Floyd, Chemical Brothers and something else that I cannot put my finger on yet.
Great musicians and a very hot singer, I have been obsessed with them since hearing them and now have all their albums.
Perfect festival / BBQ music.

They are really rather good. I try to keep up with the music scene, but had been unaware of them!