What MQ am I actually entitled to?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Themanwho, Jan 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a WO1 with a wife and two rugrats(1m,1f), I think I'm entitled to to a D type Married Quarter. However, I can't find where this is laid down due to laziness and incompetence. Can anyone help?

Please, no comments about flats in the Shot or the pads in Fally; I've experience of the latter and vivid memories of the former!
  2. IIRC you are entitled to a C Type (3 bedroom) quarter the same as any OR with 2 kids. If you are RSM you may be entitled to something a little larger to go with yourposition.

Edited 'cos I'm a spelling mong!
  3. QR's 5.660 is the authority

Warrant officer class 1 Warrant officer or Type C
  4. Themanwho

I'm in a similiar boat except just one rugrat. I have been told I am entitled to a 2 bed only. I suppose I have been lucky in that I had a type D in my last but one post and that there were only 3 beds available at my last post, because of this DHE have agreed that they will try and get me into a 3 bed (but only on receipt of a begging letter from my boss). It is interesting to note that the Navy and RAF treat their WOs slightly differently, they have a policy of offering them type Ds irrespective of appointment.

It makes my situation more annoying by the fact that there is a massive surplus of type D quarters in my area but a shortage of 2 beds/3 bed ORs quarters. Yet this matters not to DHE. As it's my last posting I'm taking it on the chin and it is one of the reasons I have decided not to take up an offer of continuance, most of my furniture will probably have to go into storage.
  5. Cheers gents, DHE no doubt will find me a broken down MQ in the midst of Folkestone's "Little Kosovo" area. Have to teach my toddlers to hard target soon...