What modifications can I make to assault vest?

I have been given a desert assault vest by an ex commando, I will change the patterning and colour, I also wish to modify it to suit my self. What mods can I make to it, I might cut the side to make it more of a chest rig shape and then cover off with hemming web, I also plan on getting more pouches, it would help for ideas as I don't want to be buying chest rig.

Dye it pink?
Sew boy scout badges on it?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I have been given a desert assault vest by an ex commando, I will change the patterning and colour, I also wish to modify it to suit my self. What mods can I make to it, I might cut the side to make it more of a chest rig shape and then cover off with hemming web, I also plan on getting more pouches, it would help for ideas as I don't want to be buying chest rig.
Do what you want it's yours.

I suggest strapping a load of rubber penises to it.

You're a Cadet aren't you? As it's yours you can do what you like with it but best check with your SI that they will allow you to wear it first.

Sew razor blades and KFC salt sachets into the lining, then hurl yourself off a tall building into a skip full of rubble to test it.

Fill it with explosives (and rubber cocks)

detonate

Can you make it airtight by sewing it up, then filling the seams with silicone sealant? Try popping it over your head afterwards, then go for a lie down in the slow lane of the M3 so you can have your ******* head crushed by a lorry carrying Turkish tumble dryers.

Gentlemen of ARRSE.

He is a 16 year old Cadet. As such, hardly a worthy target of the Filthy 15s finest now, is he? Can we not cut him a little slack?

We all talked bollocks at that age.

To quote Brian Potter "Tell me son, have you ever kissed a girl?"

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Gentlemen of ARRSE.

He is a 16 year old Cadet. As such, hardly a worthy target of the Filthy 15s finest now, is he? Can we not cut him a little slack?

I thought he said he was 14, no idea he was legal, hmmm...

Speak for yourself, I'd left home and was working 2 jobs. I'd also shacked up with an older piece (She was 18, later became wife No.1).

Gentlemen of ARRSE.

I'll downgrade my insult to a couple of legs being crushed by an out of control steamroller if he can spell Sergeant correctly?

Can't say fairer than that.