What Mil Photo would you have immortalised in Paint? Hols4H

I have chatted up an artist (she's crumpet so it wasn't a chore) to paint a Military picture and give us signed prints for Hols4H.

She is (apart from being top totty) a very good painter.

Question is, which picture to paint.

Please post suggestions here, then I will hold a vote on the top few.

Posted on NAAFI Bar for maximum exposure not stupid suggestions (I live in hope) !!

:roll: MM

why dont you check out a few of the pictures in the search for an ALLY star thread in the qms and mt forum?

there are some good pictures there

Rick Rescorla at Ia Drang Valley.

Joanna Lumley's Dad standing next to Mad Mike Calvert and Joe Lentaigne.

Tom Gorrian chucking a WP at an Iraqi MTLB.

Barking mad Royal Marines on the skids of the Apaches heading into Jugroom Fort.

Any of those would be good.

All the best,

John.

John_D said:
Rick Rescorla at Ia Drang Valley.

Joanna Lumley's Dad standing next to Mad Mike Calvert and Joe Lentaigne.

Tom Gorrian chucking a WP at an Iraqi MTLB.

Barking mad Royal Marines on the skids of the Apaches heading into Jugroom Fort.

Any of those would be good.

All the best,

John.
What about a Collage of some of the best images?

EX_STAB said:
For a contemporary photo - no contest:

that one gets my vote, as it's the one I was thinking of. I always thought it wold look good as painting!

Stilts

P

PrinceAlbert

STILTS said:
EX_STAB said:

that one gets my vote, as it's the one I was thinking of. I always thought it wold look good as painting!

Stilts
Great photo, but as staged, as a staged thing with a degree in staged things, from staged university.

Thanks,
Some cracking images but some have already been immortalised in paint (the Yomper and Balcony for two)

It will need to be one that hasn't.

Will copy some pics from Gundulphs thread then stage a vote so I can go and letch................I mean chat to her again :D

or...

?

PrinceAlbert said:
STILTS said:
EX_STAB said:

Stilts
Great photo, but as staged, as a staged thing with a degree in staged things, from staged university.
If that was staged, from staged university then its a crap uni. Theres a boot leaving the bottom right of the photo without an owner. If I was setting that up I wouldn't have that in, and the one thing missing from above photo is one of the lads firing over a wall in the background.

I'm sure if it was staged they would have blobbed a bit of claret on the fixed bayonet too. :roll:

Most of the Falklands stuff has been done already, though as a Falklands Vet it is nice to see new paintings, I would prefer something contempary, I think the "staged" photo from "Staged Uni" does it for me, shows a difficult situation, must be a contact in the area, either before or after, concentration on the lads faces, urgency on the radio and great colour.

Fcuk me I didn't realise I had an artistic bent...............

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rgjbloke Multinational HQ 18
bielefeldbratty Tanks, planes & ships 10
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 769