what medals are they using for guys on herrick????

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by jinkeye, May 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was just curious as to what our boys and girls in the other sand pit are receiving for gong is it the new osm or a nato medal like the non article 5 for OP HERRICK

jink

2. Its one of those chocolate flavoured ones wrapped in silver foil. ;)

3. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

The CDM and bar?

4. any pics of the chcocy one i thought it would be a proper one like what they issue for telic

jink

5. Medals? What are they?

6. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

The shiny dangly things which we do not get issued until (enter feck off large number) of years after we have qualified for them. :wink:

7. are so true there is a long wait, i eventually contacted the medal office my self to get my telic medal as my unit fecked up the paper work shock it was quicker too do it like that as well

8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Your second thread about medals for Afghanistan - Who are you, Muttley???

9. All personnel on Op HERRICK are entitled to the Op Herrick OSM. All days in theatre also count toward the ACSM.

10. i think this my first thread on herrick medals duke, thanks to you all for information supplied

11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

12. no probs duke and your probably right with your comment made in the other thread which you posted about keeping eye on job but i know the first thing some of the guys would ask is what there going to get out of it after what looks like a bit of a risky tour so i thought i would inquire the knowledge of arrse users.

many thanks for help received

jink