What makes you proud to be a RE?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by ABF9, Apr 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a thought. :?:
  2. our resourcefulness and never say die attitude 8) 8) 8) 8)
  3. Our history, to be able to work with blokes who have the 'can do attitude' and great Camaraderie.

There is more but it is Saturday morning and need more time to compose it properly.

4. the fact that most of the british army are reliant on the corps to help in any ops/trg situation to further any advancement........etc

first in - last out.

5. It was good enough for me, my father, my grand-father, my great-grand-father and now it's good enough for my son ... so in my book it's good enough for anyone!
  6. HURRAH :!: :!: :!: :!:
  7. We've won the FA cup
  8. Appeared more than once as well.

1872 Wanderers 1 v 0 Royal Engineers
    1874 Oxford University 2 v 0 Royal Engineers
    1875 Royal Engineers 2 v 0 Old Etonians
    1878 Wanderers 3 v 1 Royal Engineers

9. Senior Corps simply the best. Greatest bunch of blokes to work with. Always first in to pave the way for the rest. Nuff said
  10. Good regain Sparky :D :D :D

1875 V Old Etonians (1-1), Won the Replay 2-0 (The first ever replay in the FA Cup Final)

Runners Up:
    1872 V Wanderers (1-0), 1st ever final. Was played at the Kennington Oval in front of a crowd of 2000 (All officer team, typical !!!!!)
    1874 V Oxford University (2-0)
    1878 V Old Etonians (3-), Etonians actually won the cup outright (6 times), however they restored it to the FA.

Once is still one more time than any other arm or service
  11. I think there are too many things to list, although I'm a civiy now I can talk to anyone of my mates who is in or out and have laugh, I think the corps is the best thing to ever happen to me (apart from the mrs and kids!!) well I don't know........ow...........ok yeah because she hits me and none of you can the MRS and kids come first then the corps!

RE for ever!
  12. Im the first one in the Corp from my familiy but if i had my time again i would still have Joined.
    Dont matter how much we bitch about ourselves and the management we are the most professoinal part of the regular army, the history alone is enough to make me proud but the fact that im a Sapper gives me emence pleasure to tell people when the ask me what Corp i am.
    If you aint proud to be a Sapper then you need to leave as the pride is all part of serving.
  13. I transferred from para regt into the Corps best decision i ever made!! The blokes quality, drive and camaraderie is second to none!! Hurrah for the CRE!!
  14. not always so sure of the easy part but most certainly GOOD money :p :p :p :p