What kit have you left from your service days?

I'm still stagging on and so have far too much issue MTP kit. However, I still have from previous kit issues a CS95 OG fleece, a CS95 Norgie shirt, 2 x OG cap comforters and 1 x pair DPM Arctic mitts. All are issued items but unworn. The rest of it I managed to hand back in.

I recently found my best boots.
Brush off the dust and almost as good as when issued except still highly polished.
I probably wore them about 50 times at most in 12.5 years.
I also have an SLR bayonet and 7.62 bullet(not complete round), I am not sure where from.
Apart from a GOC's Com, a GSM and some mugs etc. that's it.

I'm still stagging on and so have far too much issue MTP kit. However, I still have from previous kit issues a CS95 OG fleece, a CS95 Norgie shirt, 2 x OG cap comforters and 1 x pair DPM Arctic mitts. All are issued items but unworn. The rest of it I managed to hand back in.
Edited to add, I did offer it all to Kromeriz as his winter kit issue when he was threatening to join the Latvian National Guard as a Zugsfuhrer or some such.

Lensatic compasses are the cash money around here. Well done.
Pretty much the same tool, the prism bit just allows you to get your eyeline on the same plane as the sighting wire I think.

My one measures in mils, was the perfect tool for Route reconnaissance survey ; laying perfect minefields across Nord- Rhine/ Westphalia and quite effective in an altercation when swung viciously on the end of its issue lanyard

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Last piece i had was some dpm windproof trousers which i thought were great for on the motorbike.

Turns out that for keeping the wind out they were indeed great.
However for keeping tarmac and gravel out of my flesh when I fell off they were almost entirely useless.

RIP windproof trousers. RIP.
Should've had the ripstops.

All I have left is a riding crop, a large dagger engraved "Meine Ehre heißt Treue", and a collection of tastefully mounted tattoos.

On a more serious note, Desert windproof pants, DPM windproof smock, norgie shirt, pair of quality mountain boots (re-soled twice now), a poncho and kip sheet, SLR cleaning kit, beret x 2, a crow's foot marked stopwatch (10 times round my beautiful body GO!), and a prismatic compass.

Still have a doss bag/maggot, SLR cleaning kit and my dog tags. When we were moving over here one of our shipped boxes got lost/nicked, it just happen to be the one with all my photos and other buckshee kit in it.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
J

Super. I am sure some of the LD predecessors went to NI with the QOH, but we’re not recognised? Cap badge shift .
If this is in the wrong place, I apologise.
Dunno. Not during my seven short years. That said, some time before my shift, 15/19H did a tour of Belfast, but the OrBat of an armoured regiment was so much smaller than that of an infantry battalion that an entire squadron or two of RTR went with, and the regiment was known as the Black Hussars during that tour in recognition.

Everything but my service rifle - but I've already replaced that with a Colt 6920. Uniform, Load Bearing Equipment, k-pot, large ruck, mags, cleaning kit, etc. No NODs, of course but wouldn't that be sweet.
Nevertheless, everything in this photo. I'm on the left.
Is that Iraq or the NTC?
Genuine question,BTW.

Dunno. Not during my seven short years. That said, some time before my shift, 15/19H did a tour of Belfast, but the OrBat of an armoured regiment was so much smaller than that of an infantry battalion that an entire squadron or two of RTR went with, and the regiment was known as the Black Hussars during that tour in recognition.
Interesting, do you remember the year and which RTR?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Interesting, do you remember the year and which RTR?
Coincidentally, first full day back from a week's jolly, there on the Omagh Facebook group is a posting from one of ours confirming my previous reply. And that it was South Armagh.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
My hat fits, my tie fits, my boots fit. Everything else seems to have shrunk.

Latest Threads