Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What kind of gun is this?

did any one notive the RPG on the botom of the photo it has a SLR carring handel on it, i thing someone has been playing with photoshop an done a half assed job.

Muff_208bty said:
did any one notive the RPG on the botom of the photo it has a SLR carring handel on it, i thing someone has been playing with photoshop an done a half assed job.

looks the correct carry handle but very similar to the SLR.

Attachments

• chicomtype69rpg.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 696
Here's what Mike currently has to say about it
“What in the world is this?” That sentence was translated into “Mystery Weapon Found in Iraq.” The “mystery weapon” characterization packed pizzazz, but the words were not mine. Had the “mystery weapon” been found somewhere other than Mosul, Iraq alongside 27 surface-to-air missiles, anti-tank mines, RPGs, blasting caps and tons of other munitions, the weapon likely would have been dismissed.

If loaded words were not ricocheting around the world about Iranian weapons being found in Iraq, the “mystery weapon” depicted in a photograph taken back in 2005 would likely garner attention more commensurate with its size and lethality, or lack thereof.

Devil_Dog said:
Fauxnews, in all it's dying glory, seems to have "uncovered" another erstwhile unknown weapon. The weapon was found in the presence of the same journo who was there when the first 'mysterious' gun was found.

Me believes the ignorant masses are being set up for a grand April 1st surprise.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253713,00.html

A mysterious green cantaloupe-sized metal ball with an unknown firing device, found in 2005 by GIs and a freelance journalist in Mosul, Iraq, is confounding weapons experts trying to pinpoint its origin.

Dubbed "Mystery Weapon 2" by Iraq-based journalist Michael Yon, the orb was found under a barn among a weapons stockpile that was later destroyed by the 1st Battalion, 24th Infantry Regiment.

Not that mysterious.

South African Alpha bomblet from a CBU-470

In the Iraqi Air Force inventory in 2003.

Tilbake said:
Devil_Dog said:
Fauxnews, in all it's dying glory, seems to have "uncovered" another erstwhile unknown weapon. The weapon was found in the presence of the same journo who was there when the first 'mysterious' gun was found.

Me believes the ignorant masses are being set up for a grand April 1st surprise.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253713,00.html

A mysterious green cantaloupe-sized metal ball with an unknown firing device, found in 2005 by GIs and a freelance journalist in Mosul, Iraq, is confounding weapons experts trying to pinpoint its origin.

Dubbed "Mystery Weapon 2" by Iraq-based journalist Michael Yon, the orb was found under a barn among a weapons stockpile that was later destroyed by the 1st Battalion, 24th Infantry Regiment.

Not that mysterious.

South African Alpha bomblet from a CBU-470

In the Iraqi Air Force inventory in 2003.

Are you sure? If so, please go over to Michael Yon's site and leave a comment. I know he's actually curious about it

Yep that sonic blaster is the one

blaster-thumb.jpg

DPM_Sheep said:
H3 said:
Spotted this

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104983

looks home made to me but it also looks copied from a toy soldiers gat as posted.

Ooops H3, you been had, mate. The toy picture is a photoshop hoax cooked up by someone using Yon's photo. It's been doing rounds on the net since the proper pic first surfaced.

Yep the Green mock up is made from the Special ops toy , that's how I see it in other word's its a fictitious wpn ....... off down the pub.