What kind of file for TAM etc..

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by eddzzz, Oct 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there,

New to the forums! However, I have used them for bits in the past. I've just started my second year in the UOTC (University Officer Training Corps) and I'm receiving all sorts of booklets (A4 size) and of course the all important TAM. I will need something that is both waterproof and also robust enough to handle life in the field. Just any recommendations to what you have at the moment and what you find useful, as well as any tips you could throw in. Please if possible provide links. Thanks,

Kris

2. I could have read your post wrong but your TAM should come in its own green folder and not be A4 sized if its a proper TAM.

You don't specify what handouts you have had, but if its things like, 7 Questions Combat Estimate, Intent Schematic, Patrol Report, Ground Brief etc etc, you ideally want to be individually fabloning/laminating these to 'handle life in the field'.

Hope this helps, good luck!

One more thing, get waterproof paper and pencil!

3. Cheers for the replies so far. In response to Shaolinpunk I have things like the 7 questions etc.. and the TAM is A5 in its own green folder. I'm not 100% sure that the pages are waterproofed? I always seem to see the guys giving orders with an A4 waterproofed DPM pad just like Thecoops has recommended. Thanks polar69 I will have a look at everything when I get back from UOTC tonight! Thanks again.

4. It's only OTC. A trapper keeper will do.