What jobs in the army regularly entail you to fly in the chinook helicopters?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by jay13villa, Jul 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Massive fan of the chinook and I start the army in January as a CMT and wondered if I will ever go in chinooks?
  2. I think taking a Chinook fishing is a bit of overkill...
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Don't get trolls like you on this forum. Seriously you need something better to do.
  4. Irony goes over your head doesn't it. Maybe a chinook could reach it...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Look at the area of the forum you've posted this in, then think abou the answer he gave, mongo. As for chinook trips, you will probably fly in one at some point. Most people have.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Get yourself wounded and find out!
    • Like Like x 3
  7. The youth of today do make me realise the country has finally gone to the dogs!
    Have you thought of joining the RAF as they fly Chinooks?
    With you brains your sure to become a pilot?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Don't worry about the sad old ******* on here . As a CMT I'm sure you will have more than a few flights in one . Also Merlin and Lynx .

Now don't loaf around here talking to bitter old bastards, get out running and really crack your phys before you join and everything else will fall into place.

Away you go you exciteable booby you .

Good luck
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Chinooks have a long history of falling into places

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. 12 years in the army and I never went in the back of a Chinook. I feel robbed.
  11. So do a lot of the poor ******* who end up in the back of one...usually of a limb or two...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I came in the back of one once.
  13. Helicopter, fish or CMT?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 4
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was ******* sick of them! You get no rest and arrive at shit so much earlier!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Not so much 'robbed' as mislaid.