What Job Would You Like To Do If Income or Qualifications Allowed?

If I didn't have to earn what I do to satisfy wife, kids, bank manager etc, I would love to build guitars, amps and effects pedals.

I would clear out the garage, install a good bandsaw, router-table, planer-thicknesser and lots of other lovely hand- and power-tools, buy lovely woods for the guitars, and Baltic-Birch ply for the amps and cabs, and go for it.

I'd turn the shed and greenhouse into a finishing shop (for spraying paint etc), and the spare room would become the place where I built the amplifiers and pedal circuitry.

What a lovely life that would be. Mug of tea in one hand, looking over a piece of quilted maple to decide which bit would make the best place for book-matching, idly wondering what colour burst to use...

But sadly it just doesn't pay enough. Most luthiers do repairs, turn to YouTube adverts, run courses etc to get by.

But I can dream.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a dream job if they could afford to do it, or had the qualifications to do it. Anyone else got a job they would love to do if they could?

If I didn't have to earn what I do to satisfy wife, kids, bank manager etc, I would love to build guitars, amps and effects pedals.

I would clear out the garage, install a good bandsaw, router-table, planer-thicknesser and lots of other lovely hand- and power-tools, buy lovely woods for the guitars, and Baltic-Birch ply for the amps and cabs, and go for it.

I'd turn the shed and greenhouse into a finishing shop (for spraying paint etc), and the spare room would become the place where I built the amplifiers and pedal circuitry.

What a lovely life that would be. Mug of tea in one hand, looking over a piece of quilted maple to decide which bit would make the best place for book-matching, idly wondering what colour burst to use...

But sadly it just doesn't pay enough. Most luthiers do repairs, turn to YouTube adverts, run courses etc to get by.

But I can dream.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a dream job if they could afford to do it, or had the qualifications to do it. Anyone else got a job they would love to do if they could?
I'd like to throw broken brained bellends such as you into woodchippers and other stabby / cutty machines.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Something illegal that pays a lot so I could live a life of luxury.
Fed up with been such a nice fellow.

Hmm, I'd gladly act as Louise Lear's bespoke saddle for her exercise bike.

Something illegal that pays a lot so I could live a life of luxury.
Fed up with been such a nice fellow.

Cash for questions as an MP, job jobbed

@deanol is on RoPs.

I guess this is because he is too dim to understand that you shouldn't accuse others of being a child abuser.

No wonder his kids hate him.

Quality control gusset tester for returned items of Victoria's Secret.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
@deanol is on RoPs.

I guess this is because he is too dim to understand that you shouldn't accuse others of being a child abuser.

No wonder his kids hate him.
Feck that was quick.

Yes.
Don't call people Paedos or question their reason for living in the Far East for the views and the cuisine.

Coz you'll be twatted with the ban hammer.

I'd quite like to be a tomato tin denter at Aldi.

Poppycock

Old-Salt
Goat herder. I looked carefully at the pros & cons before deciding it is the life for me.

Hillside, sandwiches & company that keeps their opinions to themselves - idilic.

Goat herder. I looked carefully at the pros & cons before deciding it is the life for me.

Hillside, sandwiches & company that keeps their opinions to themselves - idilic.

And free mobile brothels for the win