• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What isnt Tony Blair/Gordon Browns fault?

#1
Almost any post on this site seems to at some stage blame TB/Labour/GB for what has gone wrong. Is there anything that cannot be blaimed on them? Have they acheived anything at all?
And before people claim I'm a Labour supporter, I have never voted Labour and would be unlikely to unless the candidate was stellar.
 
#5
armchair_jihad said:
mmmmm tricky how about the big Tsunami in 2004, I am pretty sure that was not down to them
Well I was going to suggest something like that or the weather , but then is that not all down to global warming thats their fault so back to the drawing board, :toilet:
 
#6
I do find it interesting that anything that has happened since 1997 that has gone wrong with the UK is the fault of TB and anything that has gone right is because of the previous government?
 
#7
jimbojetset said:
Flying Felix said:
The good economic growth of the nation – it was all the work of the previous government, which they inherited.
So a bit like the good economic growth the conservatives inherited from Labour?
It is possible 'jimbojetset' that you are too young to remember that in 1979 Great Britain was practically bankrupt.

I believe that the explosion of Krakatoa was not the fault of Labour as it occured before the Labour Party was formed.
 
#8
lsquared said:
jimbojetset said:
Flying Felix said:
The good economic growth of the nation – it was all the work of the previous government, which they inherited.
So a bit like the good economic growth the conservatives inherited from Labour?
It is possible 'jimbojetset' that you are too young to remember that in 1979 Great Britain was practically bankrupt.

I believe that the explosion of Krakatoa was not the fault of Labour as it occured before the Labour Party was formed.
Nope plenty old enough to remember. However, the economy was in the toilet when Labour took over.
 
#9
jimbojetset said:
lsquared said:
jimbojetset said:
Flying Felix said:
The good economic growth of the nation – it was all the work of the previous government, which they inherited.
So a bit like the good economic growth the conservatives inherited from Labour?
It is possible 'jimbojetset' that you are too young to remember that in 1979 Great Britain was practically bankrupt.

I believe that the explosion of Krakatoa was not the fault of Labour as it occured before the Labour Party was formed.
Nope plenty old enough to remember. However, the economy was in the toilet when Labour took over.
16 billion in credit in 1997 48 billion in debt 2007. Economy in toilet in 1997 :?

Had 20 minutes to ponder the original post and nope can't think of anything other than tsunami

JJ
 
#10
jimbojetset why do I suspect that you answer financially to Spin Control?

On a serious note Bliar is to be congratulated for taking up a interventionist policy ref Kosovo and Sierra Leone, his work on raising Climate Changes profile especially in America has been good.

But this is relatively easy Foreign Policy stuff, domestically they have been shite and downright corrosive to the fabric of the UK. Its going to take generations to repair the damage, if that is actually possible.
 
#11
armchair_jihad said:
mmmmm tricky how about the big Tsunami in 2004, I am pretty sure that was not down to them
No, you're wrong that Tsunami was a result of John Prescott doing a belly flop in the sea at Blackpool.
 
#12
armchair_jihad said:
jimbojetset why do I suspect that you answer financially to Spin Control?
Nope. I just find it interesting that you can have a thread on almost any subject on this website and someone will blame TB for how bad the country is.
I find it discouraging that people on this forum find so much to moan about and very little to be positive about, and then complain that the UK is shite because everyone is always moaning, ****ing Tony BLiar etc etc
 
#13
jimbojetset said:
armchair_jihad said:
jimbojetset why do I suspect that you answer financially to Spin Control?
Nope. I just find it interesting that you can have a thread on almost any subject on this website and someone will blame TB for how bad the country is.
I find it discouraging that people on this forum find so much to moan about and very little to be positive about, and then complain that the UK is shite because everyone is always moaning, * Tony BLiar etc etc

OK Jimbo give me something to be positive about please
 
#14
johnojohnson said:
jimbojetset said:
armchair_jihad said:
jimbojetset why do I suspect that you answer financially to Spin Control?
Nope. I just find it interesting that you can have a thread on almost any subject on this website and someone will blame TB for how bad the country is.
I find it discouraging that people on this forum find so much to moan about and very little to be positive about, and then complain that the UK is shite because everyone is always moaning, * Tony BLiar etc etc

OK Jimbo give me something to be positive about please
Low levels of unemployment and inflation, and before you say yeah but those are cooked figures established by Labour. The unemployment stats are those used by the International Labour Organisation. NHS Waiting lists in hospitals no where near as shite as they were before labour (and I know there are still problems and still big issues), Schools actually being repaired rather than falling down, schools being built, expansion of University education based more on ability rather than affordability. The Tsunami thing, Northern Ireland actually being a place to go rather than avoid
 
#15
jimbojetset said:
NHS Waiting lists in hospitals no where near as shite as they were before labour
Utter rubbish, the only reason the waiting list are shorter is that people are now on waiting lists for the waiting lists.

I had to wait 3 weeks to see a GP and if I wanted to see a GP that actually speaks english it would have been 5 weeks.
 
#17
jimbojetset said:
johnojohnson said:
jimbojetset said:
armchair_jihad said:
jimbojetset why do I suspect that you answer financially to Spin Control?
Nope. I just find it interesting that you can have a thread on almost any subject on this website and someone will blame TB for how bad the country is.
I find it discouraging that people on this forum find so much to moan about and very little to be positive about, and then complain that the UK is shite because everyone is always moaning, * Tony BLiar etc etc

OK Jimbo give me something to be positive about please
Low levels of unemployment and inflation, and before you say yeah but those are cooked figures established by Labour. The unemployment stats are those used by the International Labour Organisation. NHS Waiting lists in hospitals no where near as shite as they were before labour (and I know there are still problems and still big issues), Schools actually being repaired rather than falling down, schools being built, expansion of University education based more on ability rather than affordability. The Tsunami thing, Northern Ireland actually being a place to go rather than avoid
Great, as long as I'm in school I'm going to be OK. I needed to get a simple treatment at my local hospital and was furnished with an appointment for over 2 months in the future and that was only a consultation and not the actual procedure.

The low levels of employment are totally artificial and have been proved as much by their own quangos. infrastructure failure, oh thats ok because the schools are being repaired, we don't have an infrastructure but we pay for it.

Things to look forward to:

ID cards, I WILL be forced to pay for this, my details including DNA, retina scan, housing and financial detail will be included for no other reason than control. No ID card you don't exist.

£1+ per litre fuel. Because the infrastructure is pants and declining at an increasing rate under this bunch, I have to pay this amount so that I can pay EVEN MORE tax for this crowd to p1ss down the drain. And the ultimate insult, road usage charges because I can't even catch a bus to work let alone a train.

Olympics 2012. Great, I don't live in London, I have little or no interest in this event but am expected to pay for a bumfest for the minority.

Immigration: higher numbers of inbound population, unwanted, unwashed, unemployed. I will be forced to pay yet more so that they can live here. And no I'm not a racist, just pragmatic.

The list is endless, I am old enough to remember life under the last labour government and how much they screwed us then. No one party can be the ultimate panacea to our ills but FFS this bunch don't even listen when 2+ million of the voting public express their concern that a new piece of tax raising legislation will damage the country and their earnings.

You tell me what I've got to look forward to and be positive about. Complete and utter cr4p

IMHO of course

JJ

edited for ranting typos
 
#18
johnojohnson said:
jimbojetset said:
lsquared said:
jimbojetset said:
Flying Felix said:
The good economic growth of the nation – it was all the work of the previous government, which they inherited.
So a bit like the good economic growth the conservatives inherited from Labour?
It is possible 'jimbojetset' that you are too young to remember that in 1979 Great Britain was practically bankrupt.

I believe that the explosion of Krakatoa was not the fault of Labour as it occured before the Labour Party was formed.
Nope plenty old enough to remember. However, the economy was in the toilet when Labour took over.
16 billion in credit in 1997 48 billion in debt 2007. Economy in toilet in 1997 :?

Had 20 minutes to ponder the original post and nope can't think of anything other than tsunami

JJ
Where on Earth did you get those figures from?
 
#19
johnojohnson said:
jimbojetset said:
johnojohnson said:
jimbojetset said:
armchair_jihad said:
jimbojetset why do I suspect that you answer financially to Spin Control?
Nope. I just find it interesting that you can have a thread on almost any subject on this website and someone will blame TB for how bad the country is.
I find it discouraging that people on this forum find so much to moan about and very little to be positive about, and then complain that the UK is shite because everyone is always moaning, * Tony BLiar etc etc

OK Jimbo give me something to be positive about please
Low levels of unemployment and inflation, and before you say yeah but those are cooked figures established by Labour. The unemployment stats are those used by the International Labour Organisation. NHS Waiting lists in hospitals no where near as shite as they were before labour (and I know there are still problems and still big issues), Schools actually being repaired rather than falling down, schools being built, expansion of University education based more on ability rather than affordability. The Tsunami thing, Northern Ireland actually being a place to go rather than avoid
Great, as long as I'm in school I'm going to be OK. I needed to get a simple treatment at my local hospital and was furnished with an appointment for over 2 months in the future and that was only a consultation and not the actual procedure.

The low levels of employment are totally artificial and have been proved as much by their own quangos. infrastructure failure, oh thats ok because the schools are being repaired, we don't have an infrastructure but we pay for it.

Things to look forward to:

ID cards, I WILL be forced to pay for this, my details including DNA, retina scan, housing and financial detail will be included for no other reason than control. No ID card you don't exist.

£1+ per litre fuel. Because the infrastructure is pants and declining at an increasing rate under this bunch, I have to pay this amount so that I can pay EVEN MORE tax for this crowd to p1ss down the drain. And the ultimate insult, road usage charges because I can't even catch a bus to work let alone a train.

Olympics 2012. Great, I don't live in London, I have little or no interest in this event but am expected to pay for a bumfest for the minority.

Immigration: higher numbers of inbound population, unwanted, unwashed, unemployed. I will be forced to pay yet more so that they can live here. And no I'm not a racist, just pragmatic.

The list is endless, I am old enough to remember life under the last labour government and how much they screwed us then. No one party can be the ultimate panacea to our ills but FFS this bunch don't even listen when 2+ million of the voting public express their concern that a new piece of tax raising legislation will damage the country and their earnings.

You tell me what I've got to look forward to and be positive about. Complete and utter cr4p

IMHO of course

JJ

edited for ranting typos
An excellent summary of the state of the nation. Liarbour apologists note the country was doing well under the last Tory administration (agreed there was corruption) but at least they still had the general interest of British people (whatever their ethnic background) at heart and not as this crowd who seem intent on destroying everything British.
 
#20
jimbojetset said:
Almost any post on this site seems to at some stage blame TB/Labour/GB for what has gone wrong. Is there anything that cannot be blaimed on them? Have they acheived anything at all?
And before people claim I'm a Labour supporter, I have never voted Labour and would be unlikely to unless the candidate was stellar.
As an ex-labour* voter the only thing I can really come up with is Sierra Leone? Ok, our celestial leader wasn't there, but he did send the troops in.


*I was away from the UK for too long to have voted in recent elections, but hate the fooking tories. They had plenty of chances to make Britain great again, but failed... I am not convinced that they have anyone better today.
 

Latest Threads