What is your unit doing to reduce costs?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Von_Paulus, Jul 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering what the various TA units up & down the country are doing to reduce costs.

It appears that all are effected, but that not all the pain is being distributed evenly.

I have heard anecdotes of some not paying for every drill night. My unit has become fetishistically obsessed with Travel & Subsistence.

Are there any Quirky or underhand practices being used out there in TA land?

2. bounty hunters>out
    fat weezy knackers>out
    ex and tour dodgers>out
    long term biffs>out

we live in hope..........................................................................................................................

3. I believe LAND have issued an instruction to suspend IiP expenditure. Shameful. If we fail/run out of accreditation, will all the laurel leaf footers have to be removed?

4. "bounty hunters>out
    fat weezy knackers>out
    ex and tour dodgers>out
    long term biffs>out"

Funnily enough, Yes to all the above.

Plus not issuing you with all the kit that your RTC requested and expecting you to pay for it out of your own pocket.

I.E paracord,medkit,torch,penknife,sandbag, bungees, tent pegs ect.
    Only two t-shirts and 3 pairs of issues socks for a w/end.
    Plus issuing you with second hand boots that some other ****** with totally different shaped feet to you has already broken in.

Oh and paying for your TRF's and then having to pay somone to stitch them on. And re-stitch the the union jack in the correct place.

So I like to think that my unit is doing its part!

Not that im complaining you understand...

;)

5. Completely shuting down for a month during the summer so the really overworked (to be fair some of them used to be before all the budgets restrictions kicked in) regulars get a full month off just before annual camp (great idea that ******) and spunking almost all of the training budget and T&S budgets on a sports team and a bunch of about 15-20 prima donners that turn up for **** all else apart from there particular competition training bitter and twisted me? Never!

6. is your unit freelance???????????????????

7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's so bad at my place we have had to start paying for the Sunday afternoon, post ex weekend, Pimms and canapé party out of our own pockets, the gym has stopped giving out complimentary shower gel, Regimental polo is no longer subsidised and the yacht squadron had to pay for their own wine on the last sailing weekend.

The place has really gone to the dogs.

8. ravers, has the CILOR run dry ???????????????

9. Nope, just potless apparently. :)

10. To be honest, I have not saw any major changes since the temporary training ban was lifted, apart from perhaps more scrutiny on any big expenditure, but if it can be justified, the money has been spent.
    I'm Royal Signals, but we have a unique niche role and have non-army sponsors, so this is the main reason why funding continues.
    No changes to T & S, all 4 Tuesday drill nights paid and AT is still a paid event.
    As part of UK Ops, no attempt to force anyone to tour and no effort to get rid of the fat knackers.

11. Jesus - the Army doesn't issue paracord, medkit, torch, penknife, bungees, tent pegs outside of ops at the best of times. I'm a regular and in 16 years I've never been issued any of the above.

And only two t-shirts and three pairs of socks for a weekend!! That’s what you get for actual proper, full time training. Go on a BATUS and you'll spend a month in two t-shirts and two pairs of socks, constantly in the field, in either very hot or very wet weather. And try a PB in Sangin.

In other words - dry your eyes, princess, and cry in your own time. At this juncture you clearly haven't made the switch to actually being a soldier; you would appear to be a civi jessy.

12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Spot on there. Dont think i have been issued that, and why on earth do you need more than two tshirts and 3 pairs of socks for a weekend?!?!

13. a pair friday, a pair saturday and a pair for sunday. plus you really could do with 3 tshirts with a clean pair of underpants everyday

what do you think would happen if you had an accident

14. Spot on there. Dont think i have been issued that, and why on earth do you need more than two tshirts and 3 pairs of socks for a weekend?!?!

Jesus - the Army doesn't issue paracord, medkit, torch, penknife, bungees, tent pegs outside of ops at the best of times. I'm a regular and in 16 years I've never been issued any of the above.

And only two t-shirts and three pairs of socks for a weekend!! That’s what you get for actual proper, full time training. Go on a BATUS and you'll spend a month in two t-shirts and two pairs of socks, constantly in the field, in either very hot or very wet weather. And try a PB in Sangin.

In other words - dry your eyes, princess, and cry in your own time. At this juncture you clearly haven't made the switch to actually being a soldier; you would appear to be a civi jessy.

Well if you guy's have finish giving yourself a two man 'we are in the regs, stop ya bitchin ya silly STAB' circle-jerk.
    I'll try and explain...

1) Why the need to have more than 3 pairs of socks and 2 t-shirts on a w/end?

Because the training schedule of a w/end is so tightly pack that the chance of 100+ SUT's being able to wash and dry there clothing is non existant.
    Now you have to bear in mind that that your on parade twice each day and have one P.T session each day(which you are required to do in your trainers, 'ISSUE SOCKS' and 'ISSUE T-SHIRTs').

Now I dont know about you, but the idea of being on parade on day two with a choice of wet+smelly t-shirt and socks or slighty less wet+smellt t-shirt and socks while being inpected by a RSM or the likes is not a good one!

Or even better try sitting at the front of a health and hygiene lesson while your feet are smelling like there about to overthrow the goverment!

2) Why should I have to pay for kit that my RTC has told my unit is required for my training w/end?

No need to expand really the question kind of answers itself!
    Not that I have a major problem with spending a few penny's on extra bits. But unfortunatly ive been just about surviving on beans and eggs for the past 6 months due to lack of work. And have yet to see a single penny from my unit as of yet.

And for your information Im not crying 'Sweatheart'. Im keeping a level headed sense of humor during interesting times. :)

Oh and at this juncture you clearly haven't made the switch to being a human with the ability to think before you talk shit about a subject you know **** all about I.E the T.A; you would appear to be a throbbing cock of the highest order.

Go do one! Or **** off to another section of these forums and make comments on something you actually know about.

Hugs and Kisses! ;)

P.S Dont forget to wipe each other down afterwards!
    I learnt about that in Health and Hygiene! :)

15. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

been a stab for 13 years actually. Never been a reg, rarely been mistaken for one either :p

anyway... Wear one t shirt when doing nasty sweaty stuff. Wear clean when you have to appear hygenic, seemples!

As for buying your own kit? Always been that way mate its not cost cutting.