What is your attitude to ConDem government?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jul 8, 2010.

?
  1. They are much better than I expected

26 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. Exactly what I need

14 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. More or less satisfied

45 vote(s)
    35.4%
  4. Attitude? Neutral

16 vote(s)
    12.6%
  5. Rather disappointed

8 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. My attitude is negative

14 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. The Labour were better

4 vote(s)
    3.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now it is clear what they plan to do.

2. Whet hates them, so they must be doing something right.

3. IMHO,they are a great improvement on the vile communist un-elected Labour government that preceded the coalition.

Early days,but hopefully they will continue to correct the damage done to Britain by Labour over the past 13 years.

4. Credit where credit is due. They finally got to see the balance sheet that Labour had hidden for so long, and the restraint shown in not going around Broons house and torching the place with him in it is admirable, to say the least.

5. The Cons are definitely riding rough-shod over the Libs at the moment. The referendum on voting reform postponed for a year? I'd bet that they're gambling on the coalition collapsing with a snap election handing them an overall majority and back to the good old days of sewing power up with Labour. Why share if they don't have to?

6. In some ways I don't like it, but it's a coalition. By definition there's had to be some compromise. Even if the Tories had secured a majority I wouldn't have agreed with all of their policies.

I suffer from a high level of personal debt, my own damned fault, mea culpa. But it helps me realise that I can't keep spending more than I get in, similarly for the country. I feel that they have partly taken the bull by the horns and taken steps to sort this. I don't feel they've gone far enough to deal with the lobbying that goes on. I feel that we should have state funding of parties to seperate them from the various lobby groups

7. It is too soon to tell.

When they sort out the economy, such that there are no longer 60-70 graduate applicants (estimates vary, depending on your source) fighting over every single vacancy, and I as a 55yr old non-grad have half a hope of finding employment in the UK.

When they ditch the Inquiries Act 2005, and a whole shedful of other fascist, oppressive, needless undemocratic and intrusive Neu Arbeit 'laws'

When they convincingly show themselves to be gunmint of, by, and for the people

Then I will cease to feel neutral.

I have never felt unbounded trust in gunmint: not even Maggie's (least of all Maggie's, towards the end - and look what her departure brought us . . . a sleazy Tory gunmint, that gave way to a crooked Commie one )

We need to be keeping a very close eye on these people - not the other way around.

8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I rather like this analysis and it is close to my own thoughts. I do find it interesting that Lib spokesmen have been thrown up to the wolves for pretty much every unpleasantness to be announced so far. That is other than the Grove's fcukup on schools rebuild :)

I'm not quite so cynical on the future of the alliance. Lib Dems will hold it together on the basis of the sop of a referendum. Face it - they can't afford to do anything else. This is their one chance in several generations to change the rules to allow them to participate properly. The coalition will last.....

9. They say that the basis of coalition is compromise. Well, the Lib Dems have been well and truly compromised. They have given up everything and taken the worst that the Tories have thrown at the country.

Low paid workers will not be taken out of taxation, children from poor backgrounds will not get extra tuition, the banking system will not get changed in the way the Lib Dems wanted and there won't even be a referendum on PR

A heap of sh1t

10. You obviously listened to a different budget than the one that I did. Increasing the personal allowance to £10K will take many people out of taxation altogether. Although an idle piece of scum like yourself becomes a total drain on the taxpayer, people like you will be being hauled in to account for your inability to contribute to society by performing a job of work.

11. Sorry, what was the change in the personal tax limit in the emergency budget? You really are a fuckwit aren't you

12. What is the view in Russia of Cameron & Clegg coalition? Suspicion or curiosity?

I hope for the moment it prevents the lead party from wandering off on their own path of self satisfaction, the Libs acting as a bit of a filter. Though how long it will last before implosion over a minor issue, will be anyone's guess.

More importantly can you arrange for me to meet the red haired Ruski spy bird when she returns?

13. £1000 added to the personal allowance. Does that take it up to the £10,000 allowance the Lib Dems were promising?

14. It is a stated aim, its supported my major conservative think tanks like the CSJ, if it starts to 'pay dividends' then the 10k limit is likely in the course of this parliament.

15. And you personally were last acquainted with paid work . . . exactly when, Swhettie?

Since then, you have been subsisting on taxes paid by - you guessed it - the very same low paid workers you are grizzling about, whose tax money has been keeping you comfy all these years.

You are a leech and a hypocrite.